PDA

View Full Version : P3 Question, Do you know what's up?

Howdy
05-31-2006, 10:00 AM
A few users know I have not had much luck with my main P3. Sometimes it would start, some times it wouldn't. I found the Electric Starter was failing, so I got a New one. I got it installed and pushed the start button. All of a sudden smoke was coming out of the exhaust. What happened?
Howdy

P.S. John S, You can't aswer this one, you already know the answer.

Billy Golightly
05-31-2006, 10:13 AM
It cranked up and ran like it was suppose to?

Yamahondaman
05-31-2006, 10:18 AM
WATTS A P3 ?.....:confused:

Russell 350X
05-31-2006, 10:21 AM
Polaris 3wheeler?? ummm it was smoking because its a 2-stroke??lol idk.

slothminx
05-31-2006, 10:31 AM
When you were cranking it over with the bad starter the oil injector filled it up with alot of pinger oil?

Billy Golightly
05-31-2006, 10:34 AM
WATTS A P3 ?.....:confused:

Polaris Scrambler 3wheeler :Bounce

Howdy
05-31-2006, 05:16 PM
It cranked up and ran like it was suppose to?

Man, I can't get NOTHING passed you. lol It ran like a top!!
Howdy

slothminx
05-31-2006, 05:22 PM
I thought you were talking about abnormal amounts of smoke dammnit. Hahaha

Howdy
05-31-2006, 05:34 PM
I thought you were talking about abnormal amounts of smoke dammnit. Hahaha

hehe! I was trying to get someone to say it needed rings.
Howdy

Howdy
06-04-2007, 07:05 AM
I'm sure John Swinehart can feel my pain here......... But anyway, Once again I want to kick the P3 designers rear end. I tell you that thing was designed solely for the purpose of making sure the mechanics had plenty of work. Simple swing arm bushing replacements took me a little over 3 1/2 hours to do. To get to all the bolts you need to remove the rear fenders ( I cheaped a little there ), You also have to remove the clutches, and covers. All this was to get to 1 friggen bolt. I probably should have taken the starter off and cleaned it while I had everything apart, but I didn't. I hope this don't bite me in the rear later. I say this because you have to remove all this stuff just to get to 2 of the starter bolts to pull it. It's a royal pain in the rear.

If the designers would have done it right, the starter and or swing arm could have been designed to be able to be removed in 20 minutes, instead it takes a couple hours extra to basically strip the machine. PTA!!

The ONLY 2 reasons I haven't sold the P3's yet are because of the one was given to my Wife, and the way they ride ( smooth ).
Howdy

Bryan Raffa
06-04-2007, 08:00 AM
gotta love polaris for that..80% of the time to fix something is spent dismanteling the bike to get to the part to fix..everything on them are easy to fix..it just sucks ya gotta just about do a complete tare down to get to the part....they did finally change the starter spot to the top of the motor tho..