PDA

View Full Version : Rear shock on my 250sx wont come off!!HELP!

crd00
05-26-2006, 10:50 PM
Ok guys I am trying to get my rear shock off of my 250sx but it wont come off. There is not nuts on the bolt that goes through the bottom of the shock and the bolt still spins around but seems like its stuck. How can I get it out of there? I put a torch on it, started hitting it with a hammer and still nothing. What do you guys reccommend?

nouseforaname90
05-26-2006, 10:56 PM
You are going to have to whack at that sucker for awhile and after you get it so you can no longer hit it with the hammer, you need to use a center punch to get it the rest of the way. I had the same problem when I was taking my SX shock off and it was a pain in the butt.. it ended up aggrivating me for 2 days before I finally hammered on it enough to get it out.
The reason it is like that is because the bolt has a ton of pressure applied to it constantly while the rider is on the machine and going over bumps, so the bolt bends slightly; just enough to make it a PITA.

EDIT: Swiney is right.. try that first. I just I just figured you had already taken the weight off of the shock.

Dirtcrasher
05-26-2006, 11:42 PM
Cut the threads and head flush off or grind them off. then pry the ears apart just a bit and deal with it on the bench.

crd00
05-27-2006, 09:12 AM
ya I did take the pressure off it by lifting it up but I will try all the ideas mentioned because I really want to get that bolt out

Tri-ZNate
05-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Yep we had the same problem as well and eneded up taking a torch to it and even then it was an SOB to come off.

slothminx
05-27-2006, 10:42 AM
Why don't ask mod350x, trikeaddict, or adamcostello31 to help you. They always seem to reply to your postings and have matching IP addresses with yours. This tells us that you all must be using the same computer.

TimSr
05-27-2006, 11:13 AM
Why don't ask mod350x, trikeaddict, or adamcostello31 to help you. They always seem to reply to your postings and have matching IP addresses with yours. This tells us that you all must be using the same computer.

Whoa! That would explain the "fast shipping" they left him for feedback! Wonder what UPS charges to ship something to the other side of the room.:lol:

ClayW
05-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Use a impact wrench to spin it in reverse. At the same time have someone on the other side knock the hell out of it. It will unscrew its self.

crd00
05-27-2006, 11:34 AM

Same IP address as me? No they dont, I have them on my msn list and they are sort of my friends. Dont go off assuming anything if you dont know the facts and trying to bash me when its not true.

slothminx
05-27-2006, 02:42 PM
I do know the facts.... I can check IP's and locations from the IP's. Maybe you should check the forum leaders out.

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showgroups.php

BTW. I undeleted the thread.

crd00
05-27-2006, 02:57 PM
adamcostello is my friend that came down from British columbia a couple of weeks ago and posted feedback about me because I sent him some parts. He did it on my computer. I have no idea who mod350x is, all i know is that i sent him a part for his trike. Trikeaddict is my friend on this also but he lives in my area and he posted good feedback about me but thats it.

slothminx
05-27-2006, 03:02 PM
Same IP address as me? No they dont, I have them on my msn list and they are sort of my friends. Dont go off assuming anything if you dont know the facts and trying to bash me when its not true.

They dont have the same ip?

adamcostello is my friend that came down from British columbia a couple of weeks ago and posted feedback about me because I sent him some parts. He did it on my computer. I have no idea who mod350x is, all i know is that i sent him a part for his trike. Trikeaddict is my friend on this also but he lives in my area and he posted good feedback about me but thats it.

Or do they? Make your mind up.... I already know.

Where is mod350x located?

crd00
05-27-2006, 03:12 PM
They actuually dont have the same ip address but they posted at my house a couple of times, because they came in newfoundland for a visit to me. I cant remember where mod350x is located, i'll look it up though

Howdy
05-27-2006, 03:20 PM

Do you want me to post the IP addresses and let everyone decide on what is the truth? You might say: Anyone can type some numbers. But rest assured I would do it one better if needed. I would video tape the search and post it within 5-6 minutes. Pretty hard to edit video in that time frame.
Howdy

crd00
05-27-2006, 03:27 PM
You can delete the feedback if you want, it doesnt bother me because i dont want to cause any trouble, i just enjoy going on this site and posting or buying things. I dont want a bad name on this because Im not a bad person so if you could delete this thread and the posts in my feedback. I dont want a bad name over this site

Kintore
05-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Ive posted this before, I beleive it applies the same here

http://www.blamonet.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_709331owned-cat.jpg