PDA

View Full Version : 200x brakes?

UpOnTwo
05-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Hey all, I have an 1985 200X with only front brakes right now....Although I would rather have rear brakes..So could I use the front master cylinder for the rear brake?..

deathman53
05-25-2006, 08:43 PM
yeah, but you will need a custom legnth brake line. why not fix the rear brakes???? I have found that the front brakes are stronger and stop better than the rear, the rear brakes just slide and the front is what will stop you. I almost never use the rear brakes on my atc's, dirtbike, atv. I only use the rear brake on my dirtbike(street legal) when riding when there is traffic and people need to see my brake light.

UpOnTwo
05-25-2006, 08:49 PM
Yeah I guess your right eh..
I figured a rear brake would be more useful for riding and stuff..But I guess a front brake is the way to go if I can only have one eh..
I'm just thinking of when I rode sportbikes, the rear brake was pretty useful to me..I guess dirt is different eh.

chris200x
05-25-2006, 08:53 PM
I would not use too much front brake decending a hill. You'll be picking the trike up from on top of ya!

Do you have the rear brake parts? If so some time they can be rebuilt but most times the piston is too rusted and pitted so you'll be unable to do so. I don't think there is anyway to use the front master cylinder for the back brakes? I would not recommend serious riding without the rear brakes working properly.;)

UpOnTwo
05-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Yeah and probably picking my teeth up after taking a bite out of the handlebars..

firefirefire90
05-25-2006, 09:27 PM
Hey man, i learned the Hard way. On my other 200x that i sold. my front brake gave out so i relied on my rear brake which also then gave out so i crashed into a fatty bush at about 30mph. I would suggest to you to get your front brake fixed. Then, get a 2001 raptor brake for the rear. Trust me, having two good reliable brakes is better than having one to trust.

firehart
05-26-2006, 08:27 AM
I need to use my front brake more. Right now I just use the rear on my 200x. I have noticed how much it slides when I am going dowm steep grades.