PDA

View Full Version : BAD Crash--Bad Results...(Pics too)

Tweeked
03-23-2003, 09:07 PM
Hey Guys,
Today started out as an awsome riding day with my riding buddy and his dirtbike---We were turning off this neighborhood road onto this gravel road towards my house---When after turning I gased it tons---I got going about 30-40 then noticed i needed to stop FAST, both front and rear brakes locked up and when that happends I start BOUNCING, The front tire cought a water rut and 5 feet after that the rut turns into a HUDGE rut off the side of the road. The big rut was about 3 feet deep and about 2-3 wide. I nose-dived into the rut going about 25-30 :shock: :shock: .

IMEDAITLY stoping, I kept going. I was way back on the seat and flew foward SMACKing my head on the handlebars then shoulders flipping smacking the headlight--heels over head flew 15 feet landing my left arm on a rock. When it was all over my buddy was asking "are u ok?!?!" I was scared. I though for sure my neck, arm, and shoulder blade were broken. Thankfully I had a helmet on, or I would have 'bitten the dust". The blow was extreme. Again thankfully nothing was broken, A seriously sore arm and shoulder blade. I got up, shaking, killed the trike and pushed it out of the rut, I noticed the front feder was cracked but didn't see the serious problem. I turned it back on and started driving but for some reason and front end was turning left when I was steering strait :shock: . I got off and said "No. NO. NOO. MAN! I can't believe this..." The right fork was bent BACK and was all skrewed. I managed to drive back to the house and check out the major damage.

The fork is totaled and the fender grinds the front tire. My buddy and I tried bending it back with a crowbar but it didn't budge. I need a new front end and new fender. My question is, Have any of you had this happend before and how hard is it to remove the front end? I need some help on doing this and I need to find out if I can either fix it or if I mostly likely need to replace it, where can I find the front fork-end for my 84' big red? I should have some pics of the damage soon, anyways, I also have it insured but I think that only covers liablity issues, CRAP.

Any help would be great, I want to get it fixed as soon as I can cause I wanna go riding again... :D

-Mike

jeswinehart
03-23-2003, 10:02 PM
you are gonna be so stinking sore in the morning ! i'd sugest taking a few motrums or what ever ya got in the house tonight.
front ends arn't hard to take apart,,, + 200 big-red parts are plentyful too if you are patient for the right price.

did i mention you are gonna be sooo sore ?

glad you are okay fella !

john

Tweeked
03-23-2003, 10:07 PM
Haha, Thanks for the reply. I took a shower---After having a mud fight, hehe. And though about taking a jacuzi bath but didn't. I know I'm definately gonna be sore. ohwell. You live and learn.

Here are some pics of the front end:

ATCRYDER
03-23-2003, 10:38 PM
Oh my. :shock:

Quite the bendage. :?

jeswinehart
03-23-2003, 10:58 PM
tweeked ! wow, she be a bit tweeked alright !

gonna be by a parts yard monday or tuesday,,, i'll see what they have for how much.

yep,,, it's (tweeked) ,,, bent !

be talking with ya,,,,

john

85200xer
03-23-2003, 11:24 PM
cornholed :shock: I bet that hert.

250Rstud
03-24-2003, 12:05 AM
nothing a little rubber cement and some duct tape won't fix!!!!!!!
good luck on getting her back to new again

:Beerchug

wanta250r
03-24-2003, 12:29 AM
I have a bar pad for my x that could have helped you out.

atcmatt
03-24-2003, 05:00 AM
shoot, and i thought my red rofs were bent.

good luck on trailprotrailpro soreness

matt

speed20
03-24-2003, 08:09 AM
Yep, your USERNAME sure does serve a purpose now.....if you didnt have a reason why you picked it out before....YOU DO NOW!!!! haha

Tweeked
03-24-2003, 02:33 PM
Hey guys,
I took a pic or two of the ditch I hit and where I landed, today. I hope to start working on her later today or sometime this week. I plan on trying to bend it back someway, but if that doesn't work. I'll replace it. Once I get her back to new again and all cleaned up to how she was when I got her, I'm thinking on saying "so long old buddy". Its just not quite the machine I need for what I do, I'll either be looking into a sport trike or a dirtbike.

After I got myself together from crashing, we rode some more later, even with it bent like that, :D . A friend came over on her quad so we had some fun, we had some "drag races" in this dirt strait away next to the track. It was a KX100 Vs. 200ES Vs. 220 Bayou. The first race I "poped the clutch" and wheelied so high I almost rolled back, I laid off on the throttle and it settled down, That slowed me down allot too. I was 2nd in that race...KX, ES then the bayou of course. lol. The 2nd time we race I beat both, the KX had a bad start and came close to winning though, whereas I killed the bayou. That thing is the slowest machine I've ever seen.

Later we had some fun in this mud circle, I roosted the KX rider so much you could barely recognize him :D . Then he and I would start at either end of this pond thing and go about 30-40 towards each other seeing who could splash the other the most, He was drenched, the ballon tires sprayed so much water, one run and he was out.

I had a great day besides the whole crash, now I dred having to fix this big problem, it'll get done, I just hope sooner than later.

Thanks for your replys and help guys.

Later.

-Mike

ATC crazy
03-24-2003, 02:54 PM
Glad to hear that you are OK. Sounded like one hell of a reck. :shock: Look for a 200X if you plan to sell the ES. ;)

Tweeked
03-24-2003, 03:20 PM
Hey,
I was just outside with the lawn tractor and a tow rope trying to pull it back to the regular position but it didn't work at all. I firgur replacing it is the only way. But I have a question, are there any other trike forks that would fit the 200es besides its own forks, like the 250es or something? Any help would be great. Thanks

Hey ATC KRAZY,
If I was to get another trike I would like at the 200x, 350x, 250r and maybe a few other. But those would be my top pick.

-Mike

ATC crazy
03-24-2003, 05:08 PM
If I was to get another trike I would like at the 200x, 350x, 250r and maybe a few other. But those would be my top pick.

350X? :shock: 250R? :shock: Don't get me wrong but looking at your other pics of you, you weigh what...around 80-100lbs? You'd get killed. I don't want to say that you don't know how to ride them but how much experience do you have w/ performance trikes? If I were you I would stick w/ the 200X for now.

Tweeked
03-24-2003, 05:15 PM
Haha,
no I'm around 130, about 5'6. Put me on something and i'll be wheelieing and jumping 30 mins later. Thats the way it was on my friends 28 hp. 175lb KX100...The slighest throttle and the front will rise. After 10 mins I was jumping quite high...Then I crashed and slowed down some. When I got my big red, after 10 mins I had done a big wheelie and hit 5th gear maxxed, and wanted more speed.

I would love a 250r the most, they look awsome, and have lots of power...Although those 250 MX bikes look sweet too. Pumping 45hp and weighing only 200lbs. They are power demons :twisted: .

trikerider2oo7
03-24-2003, 08:30 PM
ATC Crazy I just got a 350X today. I am 13 yrs. old and weigh 93 pounds.
I rode it for 10 minutes and was riding wheelies all around my yard and had it to about 65 mph.

ATCRYDER
03-24-2003, 08:42 PM
Lets see a picture of this 87 350x ya got please?

Rob

Tweeked
03-24-2003, 09:24 PM
:shock: :shock:
Just talked to my dad a while ago about this whole thing. I've decided to fix it up and make it look as nice as possible then sell it. Its become more unsafe than its worth and the way I drive its bound to happen again. He's not sure he wants a new 3 wheel in the shed---more powerfull at that. So I mentioned getting a dirtbike, and he said he wanted something others can ride too, cause he enjoyed riding the Red as well. But wouldn't be able to ride a dirtbike cause he things he just too old, lol. Hes like "well, sounds like we just need a sport quad"...OH MAN! I just can justify getting a quad...3 and 2 wheels are so much better than 4...If he said he'd buy me a banshee or raptor i'd accept it, but sounds like i'm gonna have to find something cheap...Or convince him to let me buy a more powerfull trike. Ohwell, I hope something happends, and something good at that....Its just that a good trike doesn't come around everyday like Quads and Dirtbikes do. Its really unfortunate but thats the situation, I'll keep u guys updated on my progress with the front end replacement. See ya

Thanks

-Mike

Ps. It would be great if you guys could let me know if you happen to see a good set of forks for a 200es on ebay. Thanks again

ATCRYDER
03-24-2003, 09:29 PM
Get an Automatic Utility quad like a Yamaha Kodiak 400/450 or any Polaris. Thats the only way to go. 90% of Sport quads are pitiful anyways. Ute Quads are where its at if you are on 4 wheels.

Tweeked
03-24-2003, 09:34 PM
Oh god, auto ute?

NOOOO :D .

That would be my all time last choice. I want something I can throw around on my track and anywhere else, and also being able to wipe out anyone else in top speed, accel. and stuff like that. Ute quads are just too heavy, and pretty sluggish. Plus i'm into mountain biking so I'd feel more at home on a Dirtbike than a quad. And I could go many other places some quads couldn't.

Anyways,
I'll see how it goes and see what my options are for a new ride. Thanks for you help guys

-Mike

PowerTrike
03-25-2003, 01:05 AM
nooo...don't sell it. J/K. Sorry to hear about that. Hope you heal up quick. :) Funny thing is the same thing happened to me last summer on my Big Red (cept i didn't need to stop) A big rock came outa nowhere when i was following my friend on his dirtbike. Hit it at full throttle. The trike Fliped over and i went flyin' Luky I was wearing my helmet too. I did some damage also. headlight/rack/fenders/axle all bad. Fixed er up real good exept for the axle (cuz its only very slightly bent) i've been living with it and will get it fixed or replaced when i get the chance. :?

-good luck whatever you choose....

ATCkrazy
03-25-2003, 07:52 AM
Tweeked, your luckly yer o.k., I've wrecked alot of trikes/bikes/quads and thats one he!! of a wreck, as far as geting a new machine I'd sugest a honda ATC-250SX, there not a sport tike like an 250r or 350X or tri-Z but thay will get up and do about 48mph stock and thay go plenty of power for trail riding, plus there full suspension, mono-shock in the rear and suspended front forks with twice the travel of a ES front forks, there a very smooth ride, and there a 4 stroke honda, kick/eletc start, push button reverse,shaft drive, etc. you could probably find one for around $600-900 depending on condition, thats my personal advice, no offence but I doubt you could handle a R or 350X(maybe a 200X though)

ATCkrazy
03-25-2003, 08:01 AM
here's a link, http://www.3wheelerworld.com/sads/shonda1986atc250sx.jpg hope it worksm try ebay and type in 250SX, thers a sweet ass SX in there right now.

ATC crazy
03-25-2003, 05:04 PM
I never though of that...a 250SX. The perfect machine. Tweeked--you might think that sport/utility quads suck and are slow, heavy, etc...but on my Foreman, I drag race my old SX and actually beat it until I reach my top speed and the SX pulls away slowly. Does anyone know of Ring & Pinion sets for a Foreman to gear it a little higher? 40mph is a little pathetic for top speed. :(

jeswinehart
03-25-2003, 06:37 PM
sorry Tweeked, i haven't made it by the parts yards yet,,, keep getting re-routed in my work day.

john

sobe962002
03-27-2003, 04:19 PM
that dich was pretty big you should be happy your ok i think you should get a ATC 250R those are fun i was rased on one never have three wheels on the ground at onces lol -D

sobe962002
03-27-2003, 04:21 PM
matter afact im lokking for one right now so if any one has one let me know latter 8)

03-27-2003, 07:21 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2408233819&category=10066

Try that Looks like $30 will get you a set

Joel85350X
03-27-2003, 08:04 PM
Well, I am going to support ATCkrazy, ATC crazy, and of course AL, when I say "You need an ATC250SX!" They go thru anything, have plenty of power to move a 130lb guy fast, and if you ask Al, (and many others) they are the ULTIMATE all around machine. Seems to me I remember AL having his a few feet in the air at the badlands last summer, too. Sell the 200, buy a 250SX.

Whatevery you do, always remember how much more it would have hurt if you didn't have a helmet on...you might not even be alive.

Glad to hear you're ok.

sobe962002
03-28-2003, 11:39 AM
Ya but are the 250sx water cooled and the race supestion?

Tweeked
03-28-2003, 12:03 PM
haha, true.
I don't think i'll be getting the 250sx...I'm looking into the 2 strokers...

sobe962002
03-28-2003, 03:12 PM
thats what im saying i like the topend of the two's i race motocross and i was on a YZ250F and it was not any think like a two.

ATCkrazy
03-28-2003, 04:21 PM
Dont get me wrong, I had a 82 250R, it was ALOT of trike, very very fast(mine did 62mph and was mostley stock except a .20 over piston and FMF pipe) I had for 3 months and then sold it, I paid $400, put about $150-200 into it and sold it for $850, i only sold it to make money, and can say im happy with the SX, goes great on the trails, better then my buddies 94 blaster, plus it's reliabile as he11, no offence tweeked but the R is alot more trike then you can probably handle, you just got yer ES a little wile ago you might want to get some more experince on a trike before u get a R.

ATC crazy
03-28-2003, 04:50 PM
"You need an ATC250SX!" They go thru anything, have plenty of power to move a 130lb guy fast

Hell...they have egough power to move my 260lb. trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro
Tweeked--stay with the SX for now 'til you've mastered it. The power will suprise you.

ATCkrazy
03-28-2003, 10:13 PM
Yeah mine hauls my 230lb trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro around just fine, and it does about 52mph top speed, should do a little better after i bore it .20 over and put a wiesco piston and cobra pipe in it.

sobe962002
03-29-2003, 12:06 AM
ya but put it this way you got all the topend you want when you want it.

Tweeked
03-29-2003, 07:59 PM
Hey guys,
Good news. I fixed the forks today, and aligned them. now all I need to do is replace the cracked fender and she'll be ready for sale. If anyone see's a good cond. fender on ebay, lemme know. Thanks

lushatc200x
03-30-2003, 03:36 AM
ouch

als250
03-30-2003, 05:06 AM
Tweeked, been watching your thread since beginning. Guess it's time for my two cents! First off glad to see you survived that one fairly unscathed (could've been alot worse!!) :shock:
Pretty sure you know what I think you should get,as well as many of the other guys here! " 250 SX "
But you seem to think it's not big/fast enough or something! Seem to have your mind set on 350x or 250R. Both excellent trikes!
All I can say is :"YOU GOTTA LEARN TO WALK BEFORE YOU CAN RUN!!" I'm not trying to say you can't rip on your 200es(I've seen the pics!),but I don't think you realize the jump you're wanting to make. 200es-250r :shock:I've been on the site since your first post,probably read almost all your posts. You seem to be a good kid and I'd hate to one day see no more posts authored by "Tweeked"! Hope you'll rethink it!
What about 200x? Considered that? Still alot of trike,but not near the other two. Another thing to consider is the fact that you can pick up a 200x at fair price and work on it yourself,learn about the machine and how it's put together. 200x parts very available and reasonable. Whereas could get expensive learning to "wrench" on a 350x or R. And they will need work,eventually(almost twenty years old machines)!
Well, I've said my peace! Good luck whichever way you go!

ATC crazy
03-31-2003, 06:34 PM
I agree with als250 100%. A 250sx is plenty of power for someone your size. My brother used to give me rides on his '86 R when I was littler (me and him=about 540lbs.) and I held on for dear life while he was accelerating. Thats how much power they have. I've been riding for over 10 years and a modded 250R is about all I can handle controllably maxed out. Wait a few years and get some more experience before you get an R.

trikerider2oo7
04-08-2003, 05:30 PM
ATCRYDER sorry typo it was supposed to be a 1985 350X and I will post some pics soon