PDA

View Full Version : 84 Tecate final done Lots of Pics!!

pipeliner3481
05-21-2006, 08:37 PM
Well here is the story, bought this off of E-bay March 31 2006 for 255 dollars. No body bid on it hardly because it wasn't listed as a tecate or t3 just a kawasaki 2-stroke. Went and picked it up near Fort Wayne, IN, while I was doing a job for work (I'm from Howell, MI), it was in the bottom of a barn (first couple of pics) and a mom was selling it for her son in the navy. She didn't know if it ran but it kicked over smooth so I figured to much couldn't be wrong with it. Took it home, took it all apart, and got the jug off and found a pretty much new piston .50 overbored, new cylider sleeve, port job (don't know much about porting but there was for sure some work done on the intake and exhaust), New Boyseen Reeds, homemade reed spacer and a sticker on the bottom of the seat from Coby's Cycle - Hi Perf and Racing in Portland, IN, still need to call them and see what they know about this thing. Cleaned it all up new plastic all around, ebay parts for the front end (what a chore), pipe (the one on it I don't know what it was but it was all smashed up by the frame), and the hardest thing was to figure out the carb boot. The old one was in bad shape and I couldn't find a new one for it so the newest, oldest one I could find was from a 88 KX 250. I had to dremel the rubber horns that went into the reed cage off, sand it into shape, trim about a 1/2 inch off the part that goes around the carb and use a peice of 2 1/4 90 degree PVC between the carb and filter. Doesn't sound like much but it took a while to figure out how everything was going to fit, because the KX 250 boot put the carb at a angle. Also put a 2001 raptor shock on the back that I just got rebuilt. Also tons of little stuff from bike bandit. All in all, alot of time, paint, and money, but man when I got it all back together and it fired up yesterday, man can she scream, and looks pretty good.

pipeliner3481
05-21-2006, 08:40 PM
Trying to get the other pics to post but they are to big, hopefully I can figure it out tonight

erectordale
05-21-2006, 08:47 PM
Hey pipeliner I just put a house together up on faussen rd last friday I get up your way often for work NIce grab I was working when that ended or I would have been bidding LOOKs great before you started

03 ORANGE SHEE
05-21-2006, 08:54 PM
man that t-3 looks great!:Bounce , are you coming down to trike fest with it this year??i always liked how the radiators were put up above the fender, its something different from the rest

pipeliner3481
05-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Here are some more in progress

pipeliner3481
05-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Here are pics I took tonight

pipeliner3481
05-21-2006, 09:08 PM
last ones, I have more of a 200x I did last year

90nut
05-21-2006, 09:39 PM
Man it looks nice. Wher about did you pick it up? Reason I as is that I live just north of fort wayne. To bad I missed it! I really need to get mine finished though. Need to find someplace to make me some stainless braided lines for it and it is basically done. That is a nice looking T3 though. Treat her good.

scooterroo
05-21-2006, 10:07 PM
looks good, i like it. how much do you have into it all together?

pipeliner3481
05-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Won't being going to trikefest, just found this website this year, hopefully make plans to go next year. and the amount of money in the bike, if I had to guess, because I stopped keeping trake at $1000 probably $2000 counting the price of trike. $600 dennis kirk, $400 bike bandit, $250 machine, $150 shock, $200 shock rebuild and revalve, and way too much on ebay and shipping, never sat down and thought about it till now, more like $2500. THANK GOD I got a wife who loves me

scooterroo
05-22-2006, 05:41 PM
note my quote in my signature, lol. i hear yah with the wife thing, mine has gotten heated a few times for me spending spending spending. but she still loves me and understands a mans got needs!!!

BigGreenMachine
05-22-2006, 06:58 PM
NICE! That tank cover looks sweet and I noticed the raptor shock, nice!

pipeliner3481
05-22-2006, 08:47 PM
Thanks Guys, I would have liked too put the decals on the tank cover but I knew they wouldn't stick, and I figured since I was going with different colors as it was, why not try something different with the decals

pipeliner3481
06-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Well just got back from vacation, up in the Upper Michigan where I grew up, and have a hunting camp, and found out the T3 has a bent front rim. When I picked it up it looked like someone tried to put the back wheel on the front and I couldn't figure out why. Now I know. I wanted to see how fast it would go, so we were doing runs along side a car and found out it goes on avg 68 mph, fasted was about 71 mph, but man did the front wheel start to shake at about 50 mph. Going to have to order a new front rime and might as well get a new tire while I am at it.

BigGreenMachine
06-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Might want to look into new steering stem bearings and races as well.

70mph is really moving, no slouch thats for sure.

I had a race with a friends Raptor not long ago and top speeds were near identical so about 75 mph with a few sprocket changes.

James