PDA

View Full Version : Dune Cycle information

Zam man
05-21-2006, 03:11 AM
I'm looking for a guy that went by the name of crackshot. Quite awhile back he posted a note about Dune Cycles. If he is still out there or anyone knows how I can get in toudh with him, please let me know. I have a Dune Cycle like the one he described, and I am looking for parts or any information . In particular the drive clutch (comet ) and a shaft for the driven clutch.
Zam man

crackshot
05-21-2006, 09:03 AM
Yes my brother and uncle used to work for A.P.E. year ago.
Comet still is in business. Might want to go to their site, http://www.hoffcocomet.com/comet/oem-engineering.asp
Maybe call them or write.
As for parts, you are going to have to scour the internet, classifieds, message boards.
I would like to see pics of your cycle. What kind of engine is in yours?

Zam man
05-22-2006, 12:19 AM
Hey crackshot, thanks for the reply, and the web site. My trike has a 340 cc Kohler, twin cyclinder, single carb and single exhaust. The gas tank is mounted in front of the seat. Has like a springer front end to it. Suspension is a single leaf spring (one leaf per side) with coil over shocks. A belt drive system, with a 2 chain gear box. Single hydralic disc brake on the rear axle. A twist grip throttle. I do not remember the carb type, but at the moment I have a Walbro carb mounted on it. It sure was alot of fun to drive years ago, and I'm in hopes to get it back up running again. My son can't wait to take it for a ride.
I will try to post some pictures soon.
Again , Thanks for your reply, I'll see ya here again.
Zam man

crackshot
05-22-2006, 08:32 AM
Sounds exactly like my uncles and brothers trikes. In fact, you might have one of them. Not many made with the 340 Kohler but the way you described it, It is exact. I think those have Tillotson carbs on them stock. If the Walbro works, then leave it. Rebuild kits on those types of Tillotsons were kinda tuff to get.
Those cycles scream with that Kohler engine and I mean scream.

You have the roll bar on it also?

erectordale
05-22-2006, 09:11 AM
I wanna see pics sounds like a great little trike

crackshot
05-22-2006, 09:17 AM
I wanna see pics sounds like a great little trike

They were! Talk about a smokin' flat tracker! Once you pitch it sideways and get into a slide, they had plenty of power to straighten them out and do it all over agin in the next corner!
They had such a low center of gravity, that they felt real stable.
Easy to get over confident! :lol:
I want to see pics too! :w00t:

Zam man
05-23-2006, 03:12 AM
it sure was a blast to ride. Mine does not have a rool bar, wish it did once. Like you said, got over confident once, and ended up- side down. Kisked it off and made sure it would start, then checked myself for damamge. Luckily I had none.
How can I post pics ? and where ?