PDA

View Full Version : 200X front brake problem

the great gazoo
05-20-2006, 01:21 PM
OK, I'm getting zero pressure(worked fine *Edited**Edited* I took the the unit off, then took the res off to clean 'er up), I've tryed everything! gravity bleeding, bleeding both ends of the line, and still nothing, just a little spurt at the bleeder. One thing I'm curious about, when I took the top plastic res off the unit, it has an o-ring. it looks fine, but I'm wondering what the process is putting it back on the unit- Do I put the o-ring on the res, or in the unit and then put the res back on? Either way, it's a no go. Answers while your thinking of 'em: Yes, the 2 washers were re-installed correctly on both ends, and No, I see no leaks anywhere, it's tight. Oh, & the plunger that the lever goes in was not messed with, & it's not leaking. Dang it, I just couldn't leave well enough alone......

the great gazoo
05-20-2006, 06:47 PM
no one? Nobody? Do I need to overhaul the reservior?

seadoo650
05-20-2006, 10:45 PM
I had the same problem after I rebuilt my caliper. They are a pain to bleed. If I remember correctly I back bled mine. Don't ask how. I think I put a line on the bleeder valve with some fluid in it and I used air pressure to push it into the caliper and through the system.

Bryan Raffa
05-20-2006, 11:08 PM
try squizeing the line with a pair of pliers about a foot down the line to build up pressure so its rock hard then hold the leverin and reliese the pliers and it will shoot the fluid down the line try that a few times then try bleedeing them.

the great gazoo
05-21-2006, 11:06 AM
I'll try the pliers thing tomorrow(the trike's at work), thanks! I'll try that back bleed as well. I just don't understand why there's absolutely zero pressure build up, with no leaks anywhere. I'm probably going to end up rebuilding the master- Like I said, it worked great till I removed the master. Thanks for your help, guys.