PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! jumped timing

80camaro
03-22-2003, 11:43 PM
This is how it started,(1986 honda 200x) i was driving down a nice ditch and i heard a sound like a chain coming off so naturaly i let off the clutch and its not running and the chain is on, well we tried to start it and it wont, changed plug and spryaed either in there and nothing, also has very little resistance when kicking, still has nice compression, fr friend put his hand on the tailpipe and it started to suck his hand in so im assuming it jumped 180 degrees, does anyone know why it might have done that, it was very low on oil, and how hard itis to do, and last off all does anyone have any pics/diagrams on how its supposed to be. Were going to try to do it tommorw.

Thanx
Randy

80camaro
03-23-2003, 12:04 AM
also can i reuse the chain if its still good?

tony_250r
03-23-2003, 12:07 AM
Remove sparkplug and put you finger over the hole then kick it over. If it blows you finger off then that should be OK. Now check for spark. Then check to see if the flywheel shear pin/wood drift key has sheared off causing the flywheel spin around.

80camaro
03-23-2003, 12:15 AM
what does that have to do with timing?, im pretty(???) sure it has compression, ,it has good spark

plkmonster2
03-23-2003, 01:37 AM
if it sucks your hand in, it could be timing. what chain are you talking about coming off? timing or drive chain? check your timing

80camaro
03-23-2003, 10:55 AM
if it sucks your hand in, it could be timing. what chain are you talking about coming off? timing or drive chain? check your timing

If you read my original post that is what im asking how to do(check the timing)

Thanx
Randy

Dirtcrasher
03-23-2003, 11:17 AM
Pull of one of those dam plugs on the Ignition side and rotate to a T mark this is top dead center. And the compression stroke you will have play in both rocker arms as the valves are closed. Then the cap in the head where the other whatever they call it ignition part should be at the firing point and not 180% out. If you've been kicking it over with a jumped chain I pray for your valves.

80camaro
03-23-2003, 11:58 AM
I think the valves are good, anyways we tore the clutch case off and the dang oil rotor chain fell out, ,it broke and hit the timing chain and bent two of the links causing it to jump, i have a new timing chain, all i have to do know is find a link to the oil chain.

hanx
Randy