PDA

View Full Version : 200x problem, need help

ATC_MAN
05-16-2006, 07:08 PM
I will try to explain this the best i can. I opened up the thing at the top of the carb with the spring that leads to the needle that lets gas in when you press the throttle. Well that needle somehow came unconnected from what is was held onto and now it is just sitting on there so i could completely push the needle out of the top if i wanted. There is a little tiny disc type thing at the top of the needle and when i look down in their i see 2 thin metal wires at the bottom of the spring that must of held that tiny disc in place underneath them. The problem is somehow the disc came out from under there and now the needle isnt connected to anything whatsoever. Basically i need to know how the heck to get that disc at the top of the needle back underneath those little metal wires. Sorry, i am horrible at explaining this because i dont know the terminology.

gasoline and whiskey
05-16-2006, 08:15 PM
the little "wires" are actually a small tension clip that holds the needle in from
the top. if the spring and throttle cable are still on there remove them.
(you compress the spring twards the cap and then the end of the cable will slide out of the slot in the slide)
then with a pair of needle nose reach down inside the slide and gently lift out the
spring clip. then re insert the needle with the circlip (tiny disc thing) down into the hole and replace the wire spring over the top. that little wire spring just holds the needle and circlip down. compress the spring enough to get the cable back in,
screw on the cap & ride!
hope this helps........

atcsteve
05-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Wow that was a great explaination,couldnt do better if I tried!!