PDA

View Full Version : Specking english now....

YTM200BOY
05-16-2006, 10:09 AM
OK ill speck some english now. Hello guys this 3 wheeler i have is called a yamaha ytm200ek and i have had some luck lately. It starts fine now, because before it had a bent intake valve, we fixed that. Now the compression is great and it pulls over and starts now. It will idle sometimes great but other times not so great. When i hit the throttle it will bog down:mad: . We took every jet and needle out of this beat up carb we have, cleaned them all up and put them back in and used air. with the airbox off it will not make it bog will it? I am tring to get it running good so i can ride for about 3 months then sell it to get some $ for a truck or car.... :cool:

85hondaatc125m
05-16-2006, 10:16 AM
I know you have done some of this stuff, but ill put it up anyways
_make sure air filter is clean, if it foam, clean it in gas, if its paper get a new one(if its dirty)
_check jets and clean carb
_adjust air/fuel mixture screw
_make sure the gas line or gas filter isnt plugged
_change your plug
That is all that I can think of.

ScottZJ
05-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Sounds like it could be starvin for gas...maybe? Did you remove the fuel line from the carb to see if it flows nicely? Also loosen the drain screw of the bowl to watch the gas flow thru. Thats something to start with.

YTM200BOY
05-16-2006, 11:13 AM
lol the bottom flow screw on the carb is no longer lol it got cemented closed and yes the flow of gas going into the carb is good.

WIkid500
05-16-2006, 01:05 PM
you said iin other posts you dont have a choke cable on it. so is the choke mechanism stuck to the "on" position?

IrvSLedman
05-16-2006, 02:43 PM
Speak. not speck, just thought i would help. and your airbox shouldn't do that.

YTM200BOY
05-16-2006, 02:53 PM
lol thanks guys the choke is off. I was just riding it in my yard it just doesnt have that acceleration and the bog slows it down. it shifts fine so i know its the carb... When i was riding i was lifting the front end off the ground and riding on 2 wheels man these beasts are fun :mad: but still it bogs :sad: