PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a trike.(ATCR250R)

RangerRick
05-15-2006, 09:58 PM
I just thought I would show a pic of my trike I just got today.yeah its rough now but its only about 30% through what i am going to do with it I would say.It is a 1983(I believe)200X Frame with a 1995 CR250R engine.(hence ATCR)the motor is mocked up and I had it all running and moving,It rips BTW!,but I didnt drive it really because the front frame tube had to be cut and is not yet fixed yet.BTW it will be painted and everything when its done and the engine mounts will be of a better design.I just have them ones on to see if it would even work.:lol: And like i said dont worry that its a later year one I hacked up since it just has the later plastics on it.Anyways I didnt have the 200x engine to it.Also is there a way to find out for sure that its a 1983?i am sure its a 83 or 84.Thanks for looking.:crazy:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/rangerricksp1269/Picture013.jpg

Jason T
05-16-2006, 09:20 AM
Hi,
Interesting project you have there:beer
Looking at your swingarm, I would say that is an 84' or 85' bike, the 83' 200 x had a tubular swingarm. There isn't a lot else to go on, so I can't be more specific than 84' or 85' lol

Jason T

ATCR250R
05-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the comments.BTW this is the name I made before I recovered my old one.I might start using this one though.The only thing about it is I think that swinger came off a different trike.I will see if I can find the old one.Thanks.:D

Yamaha Tri-Moto
05-16-2006, 12:02 PM
That is a neat project you have there. Looks like it would clean up nice. Make sure you post some pics as you progress with it. :TrikesOwn

ATCR250R
05-16-2006, 02:43 PM
I might do some work on it tonight so if I do I will post some pics.Some of the stuff that was done was not done to my likeing.....Thanks for the comments though.

ATCR250R
05-16-2006, 03:58 PM
Well I just torn it apart and found out how disturbing it was to know what was holding it on there.I am going to make a new thread with pics so I can figure out what to do on it....

atctim
05-16-2006, 04:10 PM
Just a suggestion - with the added power of the CR engine, you may want to add some serious gussets to your frame to avoid stress crackes from the added power.

Very Cool Project - good luck and keep us all posted on it.

Also - how are you going to mount the Radiator?

ATCR250R
05-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the suggestion.That will definitly be done but first I need to at least tie the frame back together.:D Anyways yeah the radiator is going to be difficult...I am not sure yet how I am going to mount it but that is one of the only things I havent figured out yet.Really what I am worried about now is how I am going to tie the front downtube back together on it.I am going to post about that in the new thread.Thanks again.

firefirefire90
05-16-2006, 07:20 PM
i would mount the radiator(s) on the front tripple trees. Seems like that would be the best option? Seems good to me..If i were you, i would create a square downdube and ditch the tubular downtube. Man wouldn't that make a killer flattracker?

ATCR250R
05-16-2006, 07:33 PM
I am really gettin into this build now.:D I think that is a good idea for the radiators but how do you think it would work when I turn?Also I would probally have to run longer hoses but it seems like one of the few good options for mounting them I guess.Thanks!