PDA

View Full Version : Honda ATC 250 R rear shock rebuld questions....

krakka
03-22-2003, 11:10 PM
I would like to know if anyone can tell me where I can send my rear shock to be recharged and rebuilt. I live in Blackfoot, Idaho, but I am willing to send it where ever it needs to go to get done right.

Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Email me at krakka@cableone.net

Thank you

plkmonster2
03-23-2003, 01:45 AM
check ebay for a full shock first. getting it proffesionally rebuilt and recharged with nitrogen can be expensive. you should only recharge it when it is really bouncy.

Dynofox
03-23-2003, 04:28 AM
E-mail Pms713@aol.com, they are currently rebuilding my tri z rear shock. They said $150 tops for a complete rebuild. Why buy a used shock off e-bay when you can get yours rebuilt and know it will last for a long time? I was tempeted to buy a warrior rear shock for my tri z since they bolt right up, but the warrior shock is not as good as a Z shock since it doesn't have as many adjustments. Again buying a used shock for $80 that you have no clue on how much time it has left is not the way to go since you can have yours serviced for just over $100 and you know it is like new.

DixiePlowboy
03-23-2003, 11:29 AM
Try DeRisi at http://www.derisiracing.com
It'll cost you about $120. I've heard that they're good.

250rmanfmf
03-24-2003, 02:02 AM
take it to service honda (dealer) I took mine there to get it charged and they cleaned it and serviced the shock. took them about 3 hours and charged me $170 but then again, you basically have a brand new shock.

atc86r
03-24-2003, 05:07 PM
i used derisi. give santos a call. hes a good guy who likes to cuss. my shock is doing good.