PDA

View Full Version : 200s flywheel question

Bunyan
05-13-2006, 09:32 AM
I am trying to put my flywheel back on and do not have a torgue wrench. Do i have to tighten til I feel it pop back on over the woodruff key? Right now it feels tight but it still isn't past the woodruff key. Or will I just tighten it and it will somehow do it on its own? I would like to get it out and driving in the next hour or so. Thanks.

Bunyan
05-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Theres gotta be someone out there that has changed a flywheel...........Or is this just that stupid of a question???? LOL. I really do not know how to tell if its on and do not want to break anything. Please help ......someone. Thanks.

DeePa
05-13-2006, 08:11 PM
the torque is 47-54 ft pounds. I would go spend 20 bucks at a pep boys and buy a torque wrench. Mine has came in so handy its unbelieveable

Bunyan
05-13-2006, 08:41 PM
I have the honda manual and it staed the torque, but it is vague at best when it explains things. So maybe this will be easier question to answer: Will you feel any sort of a POP or feel that it has secured its self into the position that requires the flywheel pulley. Does it feel like you are tightening any other bolt? (ie. no POP indicating that the flywheel is on and in the correct spot) All I need is your experienced perspective on this. The torque wrench will come when it can be affordable. Funny you should mention that as I missed out on one at an auction today.