PDA

View Full Version : After market exhaust for 250SX??

ATCkrazy
03-22-2003, 08:10 AM
Im thinking about buying an aftermarket pipe for my 250SX, I was on denniskirk.com and all thay listed for a 86 250SX was a Cobra magnaphone, I had one these on my 200ES and it was cool but i was wondering if there's any other pipe that would fit and give it a nice throaty sound, thanks for any info.

ATC crazy
03-22-2003, 10:17 AM
I was looking for one for a while too. I think Cobra is the only company that makes an exhaust for the SX. :idea: Although you could probably buy a E-Series or FMF and rig it up to the headpipe. It would take a pipe bender and a few other little things. ;)

bbechtel16
03-24-2003, 12:14 AM
Yeah I got an E-series rigged up on mine, its quite a rig job (plumbing involved). It's loud too, but most of the noise probably comes from the leak between the headpipe and the muffler. I didn't do the job so I can't really tell you how hard it would be and stuff.

BTW: My friend just bought a cobra for his SX and he ran the thing like less than 5 hours and the paint fell off it!!! So I guess that stock paint job just won't do.

PLJ.
03-24-2003, 07:18 PM
I put a Cobra on my 85 SX last summer and loved the improvement it made!! Great top end but realllllllllllly louddddddddddd! Maybe I'm getting to old!! My paint also burned off after a couple of rides. Great improvement over the stock exhaust. THanks.