PDA

View Full Version : hi 85_250es

atcmatt
03-22-2003, 06:40 AM
hi mate

im 15 too and own a 200es 84 big red but its in a million pieces and im gunna part it out and sell it. i might save up for a 250 big red what you reken. what type of stuff do you do with yours work or play or hunting, have u ever pulled a trailer with it if so did it pull it easily. by the way im from nsw australia so give us a yell back.

matt

J.D.
03-22-2003, 11:24 AM
I'm sure a Big Red 250 will haul just fine, and should be able to haul a good amount. One day, with my YTM200, I hauled me 81 El Camino 1/2 a mile down the road, it was hard to get it rolling, and I couldn't go past 3 gear cuz the engine couldn't power it, but I did haul it!

als250
03-22-2003, 04:30 PM
Hey Matt, while the es is the "workhorse", I think the better choice would be an "sx"! Mines been great! I use it for yard work (pulls 10 cu. ft. cart, grass catcher, 25 gal. sprayer) constantly. It's basically a sportier version of the es. It has all the necessities for yard work= auto-clutch,reverse,shaft drive,electric start pretty sweet too). Yet it will rip through the woods or up a hill or (with a set of mud-busters) go through about anything. So depends on what your needs are. Here's a couple of pics to maybe sway your decision!

my .02

Al

btw: in last pic, water is actually 4' deep,SX's can"WALK ON WATER!!!" j/k.............................or am I? LMAO

FullBore
03-22-2003, 05:12 PM
Thats pretty cool, I wish my 110 had reverse! Mines got a hitch on it, its towed the trailer we use behind the car up the drive when the trailer was ful of hay!
I built a trailer for use with it too, that works well, you can fill it with wet dirt and it'll hardly notice when in low range.

http://gopeds.hypermart.net/images/new_images/triketrailer.JPG

Nat

atcmatt
03-22-2003, 07:23 PM
yeah thanks for that fellas

im gunna put a wanted add in the motorbike magazine today.

ive said im lookin for a big red with reverse and electric start 200 or 250.

i do like the sx but i think ill go for the reds cause they have racks and this will be mainly for work like shooting and towing and pulling trees and alsorts. the sx would be too hard to find over here in australia anyway its hard enought to fing even a big red let alone a sporter type model.

ill let you know what happens,thnks for the input

matt

ATC crazy
03-22-2003, 07:34 PM
Go with the SX!! There are racks available for it in Dennis Kirk (or other places) All you have to do is cut (2) 1.5" holes in the back plastic for the rack mounts. (unless they are already there and you can barly notice them) $84. The SX and racks are really worth the price. 8)

als250
03-23-2003, 03:36 AM
@ Matt- Have never pulled out trees, but have pulled 2 pretty good sized, half dead shrubs out of the ground by the roots. Had to take a couple running starts with 2'" tow strap, but they are no more! Which ever way you go, you won't be disappointed. It's great here in AMERICA because you can find about anything you'd want to ride, for the right price! Good luck in your search!

@nat- Nice 110!! Reverse is definitely a +++! The old auto Hondas are just tough as nails! I use mine alot. Guys in neighborhood say I have waaaaay to much fun with my yard work! :D LMAO

atcmatt
03-23-2003, 05:13 AM
yeah id go for an sx if i ever came across one but i dont think itll happen

they sound good but since im in australia id never be able to get racks for it. aslo ive pulled plenty of trees out with a 185 suzuki trike that pulls trees like a tractor i wonder what a 200 could do in low range im scared to think, lol

matt

Jugernaut
03-23-2003, 09:21 AM
The ATC250ES is a workhorse alright; I tend to think that maybe they could use a wee bit more supension travel though.But all together,is a excellent machine for work or play;a little more work oriented though..

Clioboy1200
03-23-2003, 09:55 AM
Rite there matt, ive gotta big red, and boy are they a work horse. Trailers are no prob for the bike, the engine has the grunt big style, prob is traction with the front wheel when the load is big, but any threewheeler rider can compensate for that! Ive an 85, and Ive used it to pull start 4wd tractors, nevermind trailers, though I wouldnt recommend it, unles you like smelly clutches! Aint got one thing I dont like about my big red, so if you get your hands on one, I'll tell ya you wont be disappointed!

Ivan T
03-24-2003, 08:38 AM
Fullbore,
Nice to see some more uk people on the board. Tidy looking 110 aswell.

Could desperately do with some more snow, but do think its going to happen.