PDA

View Full Version : Moding out my 200x(plz give imput)

always3never4
05-10-2006, 08:26 PM
ok my dad bought 2 85 200x's in 87 so we could ride them when i got old enough(i love him!!!)
well his is a beast because hes tripped it out with mods and has riddin it every couple of mounths....mine on the other hand is crap and has sat for like 17 years!!!!!:crazy:
so i did some fixing and got it running then i put a cobra loud core exhaust on it and put a uni air filter but i want more!!!:twisted:

i took off my airbox all together it helped some expecially when my air filter falls off and i get massive amounts of air lmfao!!!!(is it bad to do this with no outerwear on my fiter, i stay away from water and mud with it off)

heres what i want to do and i want to get some good imput as to whether its a good idea or not
moneys not really an issue im in highschool live at home have a 35hours a week job with almost no expences!!! im lucky!!!
1. 26 mm carb (should i get a flatside or not or is it just a waste of money)
2.piston-10.25 to 1 piston- i dont want to really go higher because of reliability and i dont want to deal with race gas
3. a high range cam because we all know atcs can use all the high end we can get
4.porting-Mild port work, Free flowing exaust. The exaust ports are very restrictive on the 200 heads
5.sprokets- heres were im confused i want more bottom acceleration but i dont want to lose top end speed is it possible to change your front one way and the back the other(might be dumb question but its worth asking)if thats not possible i just want to be able to break my tires loose easier so what would i do for that
6. tires-move to 20's for more acceleration at the bottom

my questions???

1.whats jetting and what does it accomplish
2.also should i just get one of the upgrade kits from powroll
what do you think???
also dont tell me to get a 250r or 350x cuz i love my 200x <3333

i also want to get some white fenders were would i order them???

thx for reading i know it was long please give me your imput and tell me if im on the right track.