PDA

View Full Version : i found sand in my Atc's gas tank , What next ?

ceaserthethird
05-09-2006, 11:53 AM
I removed my atc's Gas Tank and empty it found small amount's of SAND what's the best way to remove it ?

what else do you recommand i clean since i have sand in my gas tank ?

and what product's to use ?

i don't have a Fuel filter , What do you recommand for Fuel Filter ? Brand ?

Thanks

ATC 250 R

ATCWRENCH
05-09-2006, 11:59 AM
use a small amount of fuel and roll it around in there slowly so it has a chance to break the sand particals from the lining of the tank and dump it out, do this a couple of times and you should be good to go.

as for the fuel filter, go to your local cycle dealer and get the clear plastic disposable filters. they are a couple dollars each and are super simple to install.

you might consider taking your carb apart and cleaning it up as well.

the ATC's came with an intank filter from the factory, you may pull your petcock off and see if it is still there. for what ever reason a lot of people pulled them out. if it is still there I still suggest using an inline filter as well.

ceaserthethird
05-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the tip's , can i use a SHOP-VAC ?

i think it should work ?

85ytz250n
05-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Electrical appliance+Gasoline fumes=good show for the neighbors. Just do like ATC said and rinse it out with gas. Those disposable filters are the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*, you can just buy a half dozen and not have to worry about a thing getting into your carb. I have two spared in my riding pack and have used them before on my d-bikes, lifesaver.

Barry's $ .02

bigredhead
05-09-2006, 12:25 PM
Yeah.. no shop vac.. ever watch mythbusters before ? lol....

ceaserthethird
05-09-2006, 01:27 PM
Sweet ... Gas it is !

edog
05-09-2006, 01:38 PM
Blast it with compressed air.That should get it all out.

85ytz250n
05-09-2006, 10:36 PM
Yeah, just make sure that you wear your eyeglasses and empty all the gas that you can, or you would be wearing it.

Barry