PDA

View Full Version : Where can i get a stator?

Excitedhondakid
05-09-2006, 03:20 AM
Does anyone know where i can get a stator for a 1985 350X? And how much might it cost? Also does anyone know how i can check if the stators bad, before i replace it? Alright thanks for any help that can be provided

Kevin

Somekindofjerk
05-09-2006, 09:31 AM
Do your headlights not work?

Excitedhondakid
05-09-2006, 03:27 PM
Yes the head lights work, i was under the assumption that that was contolled by the regulator, a few people on here tell me that my stator must be out, my symptoms are that the bike wont rev apast like 1,500, starts fine and idles good, just wont rev up, Glamis season is almost over, we gotta get the 350X goin haha, thanks for any help

Kevin

knsmodels
05-09-2006, 03:36 PM
if it runs I doubt it is the stator......sounds more like a carb/fuel problem to me....

Excitedhondakid
05-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Well, it starts good, one you try to get the RPM up a little it starts to stall, it doesnt sound like its being choked, even if you increase throttle very slowly it wont rev, however it revs hard and fast up to like 1,500=2,000 RPM then just wont rev any higher, its sounds alot like the governer on my 2006 Trx400's reverse, i had a post up about it, it dissapear though, however we came to a conclusion that it was probably something with the ignition control, but now im having trouble getting anywhere with testing these theorys, and or even finding parts that i may need

Somekindofjerk
05-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Check your cdi box. It may be a 250R cdi. The 250R i know for a fact will run with a 350X cdi but not rev. Maybey this works both ways along with the 350X with a 250R cdi box.

JackFlack
05-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Your main jet maybe clogged.

3leggeddog
05-09-2006, 08:37 PM
Check your cdi box. It may be a 250R cdi. The 250R i know for a fact will run with a 350X cdi but not rev. Maybey this works both ways along with the 350X with a 250R cdi box.

i can second that.i was the dunb *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* that did it.maybe your timming is not advancing in the cdi?

Excitedhondakid
05-09-2006, 11:16 PM
Yeah its all very confusing, im sure the correct stator is in the bike, up untill it stopped running right it was a perfectly running 350X, havent had a problem with it in 2 years other than replacing the clutch, then one day 6 miles after leaving home it began to not want to run, it was such a sudden thing, which i hate because that makes it harder to diagnose, im sitting here contemplating the fact that the main jet maybe clogged, because my brother whom is the actual owner of the bike just informed me that he had taken the carb off just to look it over, (before anything was wrong) and after putting it back together this happens, seems like too big of a coincidence, but then again. when it starts stalling which does sound like its missing, theres also alot of black smoke, telling me theres plenty of fuel, but it doesnt sound like its choking, and it wont die if you nail the throttle, you cant kill it, so thats what makes it seem electrical, and as suggested maybe the cdi isnt advancing and that makes lots of sense, but then maybe still the stator? This is a total pain in the you know, im thinking about trying to check the power being sent into the spart plug at idle, and use my volt meter like a timing light, and once i rev it up maybe it'll loose power telling me maybe coil or stator, and if no loss of power then maybe the cdi isnt advancing? Doesnt anyone agree with my theory or am i just way out there? Thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions, But even after this bull :TrikesOwn

Kevin