PDA

View Full Version : Tri-z pains...

CuRt
05-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Well I decided to finally pull it apart... coolant smells alot like fuel so it was leaking bad, on the jug you could see where it was combusting into the head gasket. Have another problem though now the piston feels excessivly loose in all directions in the jug, and its on its last bore, showing quite a bit of blow by on the top, but it was hitting at 235psi :wondering
I'm not even going to screw around anymore with gaskets going right with factory Yamaha ones. get myself another jug or what about the YZ250? power valve? there a way to put one on the Z lower end? or is everything diffrent?

Thanks
Curtis

CuRt
05-07-2006, 11:06 PM
heres a pic too

86tri-z270
05-07-2006, 11:17 PM
cant see it man .... and if *Edited* want i can give *Edited* a unbored factory jug for a tri-z alls it needs is to be resleeved.... pm about it ill give *Edited* a price if *Edited**Edited* interested

CuRt
05-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Well back together no more cooling issues...
Took it for a ride running it through the gears had a high rpm miss couple times coil could have rust on its mounting there but when coming down from it she kept reving up and down no where near idle.
I know this one is coming jetting, 480 main jet. Plug was carboned from its first tank burned it at 32:1 went up to 50:1 with amsoil dominator. Starts easy 1st kick but even with the choke on it revs up when its first started too. I know with my goofy throttle cable it dosen't help mine being a 1piece cable with a twist(hate it). What do you guys think? I know I have a exhaust leak coming off the pipe due to I haven't had time to fab the bracket for the 3rd exhaust spring.