PDA

View Full Version : need help!

honda200xman
05-06-2006, 08:25 PM
I have a 82 honda 200 and I am having a problem. I am not getting fire to my spark plug. do any one of yall no what is wrong with my trike because it looks like brand new and rides good but i just need help finding out what is wrong.

thanks,
Blake

Somekindofjerk
05-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Check your conections first. Grounds, plug ins, and harness wiring for frays/splits. There are wiring diagrams on the main page.

honda200xman
05-06-2006, 10:53 PM
i have already checked the wires comeing out of the cdi going to my coil box and the were good and tight. what other wires do *Edited* think that I should check? I would really like to get this awsome trike running again.

Somekindofjerk
05-06-2006, 11:08 PM
http://www.files.3wheelerworld.com/Wiring/ATC185x185Sx200x200Sx80Thru84.jpg

Theres the wiring diagram, check all the conections/switchs. If that dosnt work open up the cdi cover and look and see to make sure everything is clean. You should have a thin gap in between the flywheel and pulser coil.

If that doesnt help see if you can find a CDI for it and plug it in seeing if that makes a difference. If that dosnt help try a different coil. And if that dosnt work youll probably be into your stator...