PDA

View Full Version : It Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YTM200BOY
05-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Well guys it's been a bad and waste of time for me to be on this board but now i feel welcome cuz my ytm200 ek actually is awsome now!!! starts on the first pull no smoke excellent!!!! Turns out is was the valve that was bent! We did a complete valve job. We put on a new nos gasket set and a nos head gasket cleaned her up inside "clean already"
they added something performance in but i forgot.... well overall im very happy also the carb doesnt leak a bit! This bike turned from show and no go, to show and haul some *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*!!! Thanks again for getting threw my "hardheadedness" lol All we need to do now is tweek the carb and ride like a bat outta hell lol.... Thanks again guys, also about the previous post that were a waste of your time and space, you wont see them anymore "i only did that to be social with you guys. -bordom-" lol pce -Joe :w00t:

YTM200BOY
05-06-2006, 03:17 PM
also my dad's buddy bought a ciltons manual for it "thanks again for the adivse its easy to work with!!!

YTM200BOY
05-06-2006, 04:21 PM
i didnt start it yet but i just put my airbox and new filter on and cleaned up the box what does this do??

slothminx
05-06-2006, 04:53 PM
starts on the first pull no smoke excellent!!!!

I thought you said you started it?

i didnt start it yet but i just put my airbox and new filter on and cleaned up the box what does this do

traxxasx
05-06-2006, 05:15 PM
I thought you said you started it?

may be he thinks its starts, err somthing i dunno he's never very clear. owell/

WIkid500
05-06-2006, 05:26 PM
well I thought he had it going too..... untill he said something about the air box, and starting it. o well

Joe make more sence! lol

tha air box keeps water out of your engine!

have fun guy!

Tri-ZNate
05-06-2006, 06:08 PM
i didnt start it yet but i just put my airbox and new filter on and cleaned up the box what does this do??

oh I'm sorry I misread your post. By doing that your cleaning up the intake end of the trike DUH! What do ya think it does.

the great gazoo
05-06-2006, 07:28 PM
Ah, to think(and post) like a teen again............

750fl
05-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Cool and good job on fixing it now let's see some action shots

crackshot
05-06-2006, 07:35 PM
Ah, to think(and post) like a teen again............

Hell, When I was a teen we did not have computers, internet, cell phones, GPS etc.
We had trikes, dirtbikes and mini bikes!

scooterroo
05-07-2006, 11:37 AM
i hear that, record players, eight tracks, black and white t.v., and only about 5 channels to choose from cuz cable didnt exsist yet, ahhhh the early 70's. non suspended atc's, and dirtbikes that where god awful to ride. i loved it.

IrvSLedman
05-07-2006, 11:47 AM
So.. does it run... or no?

Yamaha Tri-Moto
05-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Who knows.

YTM200BOY
05-08-2006, 07:20 AM
UPDATE something is odd again lol i just dont have luck. WE drove the thing into are garage from off a trailer!! so i started tinking with it "put the airbox on thats it" and now it wont start?" thats why i asked about the airbox.. but now its got great spark and excellent compression and god damn it blows *Edited**Edited* finger off now lol.... O also last night i was helping my buddy at a car show and i found a set of front handlebars in decent shape with 1 grip on it so i took them aswell to a cool odd rack i think its custom it looks cool havent had a chance to see if it will fit on the rear inplace of grabbar but ill ttyl guys later.... also when i pulled to start it when the carb was hooked up to the airbox it didnt start did it take to much air or something?? cuz i took it off and was scared sh!tless cuz i pulled it with it off and it didnt start.......... thanks

WIkid500
05-08-2006, 08:38 AM
joe did you turn the red switch on the handle bar to off??? and forget to turn it to on?? are you using the choke??? did you try a new plug incase the current one is flooded? so it was running when " the guy" put the head back together??????

YTM200BOY
05-08-2006, 10:01 AM
lmao yes the switch was on and there is no choke i think it is flooded!! ahh man thanks when i get home i will finally go riding!!! Your right it is flooded cuz the carb is full and all so yeah put be i gotta question.... if its flooded can *Edited* spary some starting fluid into the back of the carb to start it if its flooded?? or what do *Edited* do to unflood it lol i dont wanna use startin fluid unless nessary. But when we were done with putting the head on we did spray a drop in the back of carb and then the first pull wam fired up and my eyes were like wow!!! I was a little kid in a candy store lol......

200xcellent
05-08-2006, 10:07 AM
if it is flooded then try starting it a few times at WOT and with the switch OFF. then turn it back on and try starting it.

atctim
05-08-2006, 10:12 AM
if it's flooded, hold it wide open while trying to start it - choke off

DeePa
05-08-2006, 10:12 AM
if its flooded...

pull the plug, shut the petcock off, drain the carb (not totally necessary) open the choke, hold it WOT, and have the switch off

pull the hell out of it and it should blow most of the gas out of the plug hole.

spray some starting fluid in the plug hole, install plug, turn gas on, turn witch on and pull away and hopefully itll go

mike

YTM200BOY
05-08-2006, 10:13 AM
well im at school now so at around 3 ill be home to try it.

85hondaatc125m
05-08-2006, 10:17 AM
if its flooded...

pull the plug, shut the petcock off, drain the carb (not totally necessary) open the choke, hold it WOT, and have the switch off

pull the hell out of it and it should blow most of the gas out of the plug hole.

spray some starting fluid in the plug hole, install plug, turn gas on, turn witch on and pull away and hopefully itll go

mike
Yea that shall work, that is what I do, and then my trike will usuallay fire for me 1 pull after that, good luck.

DeePa
05-08-2006, 10:23 AM
oh and while the plug is out...check it out...if it looks dirty get another, or take some sandpaper or emerypaper and clean up the electrode and teh little finger that sticks out so its not all carboned up

that usually helps as well. You can also test your spark by connecting the plug to the plug wire, and holding the bottom of the plug. Go and pull it and if you get zapped (make sure the switch is on) youre good to go. The stronger the zap the better. I use it on all my machines to test spark, except cars.

mike

YTM200BOY
05-08-2006, 10:27 AM
lol deepa gotcha spark and compression are excellent this bike is almost new lol new wiring job and a new engine rebuild..... looks good now also.

WIkid500
05-08-2006, 02:54 PM
its easyer then that. take the plug out, sand the electrode a bit. spray the plug with either let it dry. then take a tortch, butane, and heat it up. now reinstall it. and give her a rip.

you might want to get that choke hooked up. makes the first start of the day much easyer.

YTM200BOY
05-08-2006, 07:26 PM
whatever WIKID i got it running again buy putting in a new plug and taking carb off and dripping some gas out so i pulled it a few times to clean cylinder then assembled everything it started up :] but like 10 minutes later off cruisin in my front yard. i shut it off to get a drink came back started it up and it revs high so i shut it off try startin it again it revs up again "again im not touching the throtle" previously i tipped it over on its side to clean the undercarage. did this throw something off inside? the liquid levels?? anyways i am outta gas now whats with revining all of a sudden?

phreakboy
05-08-2006, 08:04 PM
It will rev like crazy right before it runs out of gas, add some gas and you should be good to go.

Yamahauler
05-08-2006, 08:06 PM
Ive never had a four stroke rev up when it ran out of gas, only 2 strokes.

Fill it up anyway and make sure your throttle cable or slide isnt stuck.

WIkid500
05-08-2006, 08:14 PM
hey man thats sweet you got it runnin! you still want to sell it for dirt cheap. LOL

mine is getting nitrous, a new air filter, and mabee heavyer clutch springs this summer. I still dont know if I should do a cam from webcams yet. should be fun in the mud!

keep those tires spinin!!!

phreakboy
05-08-2006, 08:34 PM
Ive never had a four stroke rev up when it ran out of gas, only 2 strokes.

Fill it up anyway and make sure your throttle cable or slide isnt stuck.

All my trikes do that right as they start running out.

YTM200BOY
05-09-2006, 07:27 AM
ahh yes your right guys thank you all so very much!!! Im loving it and only rode for a half hour lol to bad im outta gas and cant go today to get some lol...... yes i looked in the tank and yep very very little amount.. Thanks again 2 all for the great tips... LOL WIKID i am NOT sellin it dirt cheap now lol... have you seen the new pics of it with the clean plastics awsome decals laid and other stuff i did.. how much can i get know for it running? is 700-850 asking way to much?

YTM200BOY
05-09-2006, 07:28 AM
i keep thinking about this week sometime when im taking a risk and ripping it down the street to see how fast this baby can go cant freakin wait!!

MichiganRedneck
05-09-2006, 09:35 AM
congrats on getting the trike going. they cruise pretty good down the road. :naughty:

YTM200BOY
05-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Thanks michigan redneck i beat they do rip down the street :lol: i pissed my mom off cuz she is so afraid of me wheeliing and flippin but i had some fun lol and carb didnt leak!!!!!

WIkid500
05-09-2006, 04:53 PM
joe you need a rack for the back. that makes them the best wheelie machines alive.

they are so much fun. I do wheelies, and the worst that happens is I stand it up on the rack. LOL

have fun with that wheeler man!

anyone know how strong the bottem end is on these engines??

will they take a little happy gas???

YTM200BOY
05-09-2006, 09:50 PM
lol about the rack man i wanna show you something i found a rack for something that might work its custom and cool ill get a pic guys!! "tomarrow"

YTM200BOY
05-10-2006, 06:04 PM
well the rear rack i found doesnt fit... o well the bike runs!! lol

WIkid500
05-10-2006, 06:10 PM
when I get up north this spring I will take pic's of mine. where are the pics of yours?

YTM200BOY
05-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Well hay these pics are about 2 months old but are ok but in no hay current go to my photobucket VIEW MY PHOTOBUCKET

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f76/joemama90/?sc=3

WIkid500
05-10-2006, 10:28 PM
looks good man. I didn't know it was electric start. min is just pull w/no battery. better for me, I like em light. lol

have fun on that monster.

oh and whats with the shifter rod that comes out of the case. mine broke off flush with the case. that sucked. had to have the cases split, and the shifter changed.

idk if it was freak or common?

anyone know about that?

YTM200BOY
05-11-2006, 07:31 AM
shifter rod? sorry man i donno what your talking about isnt the rod where it should be?? thanks for the comment but lemme get some new pics :} "me riding saturday"

WIkid500
05-11-2006, 05:16 PM
shifter rod? sorry man i donno what your talking about isnt the rod where it should be?? thanks for the comment but lemme get some new pics :} "me riding saturday"

I was just b1tching that mine broke. lol

you know where the foot shift lever is?? then there is some linkage that goes to a shaft that comes out of the case. the one that comes out of the case broke. I have no clue why. but its fixed so we are all good... :D

YTM200BOY
05-11-2006, 07:28 PM
o yes WI i no what you mean now sorry to hear about *Edited*. my brake pedal "only source of brakes" broke of the frame so it needs to be rewelded and we only have access to one 35 miles away! ahh

Unclediezel
05-12-2006, 10:34 PM
" Id rather it dont start , than dont STOP"

YTM200BOY
05-12-2006, 10:36 PM
lol no the brakes work man i just busted off the weld to the frame... we bought jb weld stuff and fixing it tomarrow has anyone else used jb weld on here??

Dave223
05-12-2006, 11:14 PM
I dont think I would rely on JB Weld to save me from crashing into a tree. Ask yourself, Is your life worth jerry rigging your brakes, or driving 70 miles round trip to do it properly? DONT DO IT!!!!:crazy: :crazy:

Now that i think about it, the ONLY place that stuff has on a 3 wheeler or any moving vehicle, would be to temp fix an oil leak.....and then it really shouldnt be used for that. Just my .02, Dave

WIkid500
05-13-2006, 12:07 AM
yeah JB weld is a cheap subistitute for a good weld job. just have it welded.

traxxasx
05-13-2006, 01:24 AM
yea thats just a waste of money for how much pressure your going to put onto the brake, it will just snap off easy. why dont you guys invest in a cheap 200$ wire feed welder. there cheap and pretty good. the welds look slopy but that when you bust out the grinder. i seriously think you over exagerate on the miles, it cant be that far from a shop, or somone that has a welder.

YTM200BOY
05-13-2006, 11:30 AM
true true this is just a temp fix until my dad brings it to work one day with his buddys truck n trailer

YTM200BOY
05-13-2006, 11:44 AM
or do you guys think that this local shop in town "the guy that rewired my entire bike has one? its a engine repair shop he works on minbikes lawn mowers all kinda crap.

WIkid500
05-13-2006, 12:45 PM
or do you guys think that this local shop in town "the guy that rewired my entire bike has one? its a engine repair shop he works on minbikes lawn mowers all kinda crap.

if he doesnt have a welder he doesnt have a shop....

give him a call, they should have a welder. the guy probably wont even charge you much.

YTM200BOY
05-13-2006, 06:25 PM
yeah thats what i though good point man ill ring him tomarrow when he's open thanks.. But my dad said he brought some heavy duty bolts home from work and he said he might bolt it back on somehow..??

traxxasx
05-13-2006, 09:27 PM
yeah thats what i though good point man ill ring him tomarrow when he's open thanks.. But my dad said he brought some heavy duty bolts home from work and he said he might bolt it back on somehow..??

ehh dont know how that would work, but ehh have fun.

YTM200BOY
05-13-2006, 10:33 PM
lol thanks