PDA

View Full Version : Where the Tigers were made?

tecate kid
05-04-2006, 02:19 AM
I was reading about the old Tiger ATC's on the page on this site, and it said they were built in MN! Burnsville I think. Well I live in MN and not all that far from there so I was wondering, what are the chances of a high concentration of Tigers being in this area? Also is there anymore info on them then what was on the Tiger page? Just some questions, I would like to find one just so I could say I have seen one! Any info guys?
tecate kid

Russell 350X
05-04-2006, 08:19 AM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/tiger.shtml :Bounce

Billy Golightly
05-04-2006, 10:47 AM
What I put on the Tiger page is really all about I know. There are rumors that Tiger was using rotax engines without their permission and is one of the reasons they ended up closing. Do not know how accurate that is.

Mobular
05-04-2006, 11:01 AM
I have some Tiger ads and assorted info at the Trike heaven site. http://fly.to/TrikeHeaven
Go to the ads section to view.
There I show an address as Eagan, Mn. Also, I recall something about them being in the St. Paul area.

hrc200x
05-04-2006, 07:01 PM
There wasn't any sold in MN. That comes from a very good source. However, there was one in Lakeville, MN. I think it was originally sold in WI and found its way to MN. Had a air cooled 350 motor in it, nerf bars and a raked front end. I talked to the owner about two years too late, he had sold it for like $400. Might still be in MN somewhere.

tecate kid
05-04-2006, 11:24 PM
So the were not sold in MN? Why not? If I was building them I sure as hell would have wanted one! I want to know because I know somone from another site that is going to be working in Burnsville this next week and am trying to get him to find the old site and take some REAL pics! Also see if he could dig up some info from the people that worked there or knew of it! Thanks guys, if I find some stuff out I will surely post here ASAP!
tecate kid

hrc200x
05-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Probably no one wanted them or could afford them. I think the Tiger 80 almost cost as much as a water cooled R back in the 80s. I've seen two different address's for Tiger, I think the other was in Eagen. There probably won't be anything left at the building they were made at.

tecate kid
05-05-2006, 08:55 PM
I know, what I was thinking is maybe a good pic of the MX track? Or at least a shot of the old building site?!?
tecate kid