PDA

View Full Version : Info on Tri-Z's

chromedout
05-02-2006, 09:07 PM
Are tri-z's anything comparable to 250r's? :wondering I'm intrested in buying one but wanted to know what year, if any, had been made watercooled. Also anything else about them I could find out would be helpful. :beer Thanks!

nouseforaname90
05-02-2006, 09:10 PM
They were only made in '85 and '86, and both years were watercooled. And in my opinion, they are comparable to or better than 250R's. Stock for stock, I'd say its close.. but once you get into modified bikes, its really hard to tell.. but I seem to enjoy riding my Z more than my R.
And they take a little getting used to if you are used to riding Honda's because Z's aren't counterbalanced and such. They take a completely different riding style than the R IMO.

monster 84r
05-02-2006, 09:31 PM
the tri-z doesnt make as much power as a stock 85r, but they can be built up very well. if you do decide to get one, go look at the wrench report diy porting. looks pretty good IMO. they have more bottom end than a 250r, which makes them a little better for trails, or at least thats what ive heard.

you might want to delete your other forum too :)

chromedout
05-02-2006, 10:00 PM
delete what other forum?????

HydroDynamicsR
05-04-2006, 07:17 AM
Yo Nouse, maybe its because your Z is fully MX ready, modded to hell, and your R only has slight mods.

Billy Golightly
05-04-2006, 10:44 AM
They are very comparable with the 250R leading stock for stock. It is very, very easy to even out the playing field and make the Z surpass the R though.