PDA

View Full Version : 200X top end Q

the great gazoo
05-02-2006, 08:28 AM
I'm rebuilding the top end on my 2oox & I am wondering(I got no manual)what the process is for removing the cylinder- I've got the motor out, rocker box cover & head nuts off, do I just keep tapping w/ a mallet till it breaks free? The piston's locked up tight, so I put some rust penetrant down the plug hole 2 days ago- it sat a long time outdoors w/ no spark plug in it. Thanks in advance for any help,TGG.......

whipit
05-02-2006, 09:25 AM
did you take the cam chain tensioner out and take the cam sprocket off?

the great gazoo
05-02-2006, 09:42 AM
That's another thing- how do I get to the tensioner, & once that's off, the chain loosens up enough to remove the cam & gear?

Erics350x
05-02-2006, 12:25 PM
theres two bolts holding the tensioner in located on the carb side of the head. the cam gear will have to be removed from the cam. you are going to need to find a service manual when you put it together to help with the tensioner and timing. this should help http://www.3wheeler.org/tech/200xsvcmanual/index.html

the great gazoo
05-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Well, swell hell- I got the cyl off & it wasn't the piston locked up, the crank's frozen, so I switched the front end over to my 250sx, & I spoze I'm parting it out. Crud, I'm gonna own a(RUNNING) sport trike one day.............