PDA

View Full Version : Just wont run....

MoRaptor03
04-26-2006, 11:41 PM
Ive got a honda 110 im trying to get running for a buddy. This thing has me stumped. Before I tried to start it I took the carn off and cleaned the heck out of it. It was pretty bad. Ok well got that cleaned, had spark so I thought what the hey lets try it. Well no luck so I had my buddy pull me behind the 4 wheel drive. Well it started and ran, Kinda. Didnt seem like it had enough poop to really pull itself. Wouldnt idle at all. So I bought a carb rebuild kit. I pulled it quite a bit after I installed it. Still nothing. Where to go next guys. Thanks

86tri-z270
04-26-2006, 11:52 PM
try the timing that could be a problem...... if not that try checking the rings if it has spark it couldnt be that hard..... idk im not very familliar with 4 strokes

traxxasx
04-27-2006, 03:56 AM
check compression....(sp?) after that go to timing/

Erics350x
04-27-2006, 07:18 AM
sounds like the rings are frozen to the piston or broke.

TeamGeek6
04-27-2006, 09:47 AM
Air fuel spark compression. Have to have all 4. Check compression (stuck ring, leaky valve, hole in the piston - ugly stuff) and if its maybe 75 - 100 psi or more, then have a look at the electrical wiring. Old motorcycles are known for crappy wiring that kills ignition.

Even without a working carb, you should be able to squirt a little gas in the spark plug hole and start it. Wont run for long, but if ignition and compression are good, itll start.