PDA

View Full Version : Mabe a blown head gasket?

xman23
04-25-2006, 09:38 AM
about a week ago i took my trike out to my friends circle track and we were racing around when i headpipe came off, one of the studs came out so i shut her off right away, i get a new stud and go back out riding ran perfect no problems, loaded it up came home and was checking stuff over and noticed there is a little bit of oil right where the head goes onto the jug, i checked my oil and it was fine, about 2 months ago i did a top end rebuild so i dont know, any ideas?

Vealmonkey
04-25-2006, 02:45 PM
You can try checking the compression to see if there are any problems. If it is the first good hard ride you have had on it, you might want to retorque the head down on it.

TeamGeek6
04-25-2006, 05:36 PM
One stud coming out cant cause the pipe to come off unless its only held by one stud. So that doesnt make sense. A loose stud shouldnt have anything to do with head leak unless the head is cracked. Im guessing the same thing, the head wasnt retorqued, and if not, and its leaked, then its probably time for another head gasket, once they leak, they usually dont seal again.