PDA

View Full Version : 350x Timing Help

knucklehead
04-24-2006, 08:13 PM
ok so i got the new 350x motor looks like its in good shape, compresion is good it starts but sputers and backfires, the header gets HOT so im thinking timing i poped that stator cover of and thats a weird looking stator and fly wheel (im a 2stroke person) . any way the gasket between the stator housing and the shifter had been seeping oil past onto the stator and fly wheel, im preaty sure its not a crank seal.
so
will some oil effect the timing that bad its not like it was flooded with oil just a little bit in the bottom.
also
how do i know if this thing is timed right? can some one explain this befour i think the oil caused it all put it together and bust my valves all up? what are the factory timing specs and how do i gage them? can it even be adjusted?
also why the hell does my kick starter jump back up and throw me of the trike? outch my shin!
:beer i like beer!

Erics350x
04-24-2006, 11:34 PM
are you talking about ignition timing or cam timing? i dont think the ignition timing is adjustable on these. the header runs pretty hot on the 350x motors.mine was poping and bogging when i got it, turned out to be the mixture setting on the bottom of the carb. maybe your running to lean? as for the kick back ..lol..welcome to 4 stroke life.