PDA

View Full Version : Blow Head Gasket

Paysts
04-21-2006, 01:57 AM
Hello, this is my first post here.

I purchased a 1985 Honda 250R. I've been after a water cooled ATC for some time now, and have been reading the forums for some time now.

A while ago, I decided to change the oil on it. So I unscrewed the bolt on the bottom of the from where the case is. Dirty oil came out. Good.

So today I changed the oil on it because I overfilled it with a 1Q 2/3. Quite a bit. And when it came out, there was some sand in it, and--GULP--like watery stuff in it. Like, when you mix oil in water in a cup. So, is there any problems I might have caused? The oil was soo dirty and I had only ridden it since the last oil change like for an hour. Do I even have a blown head gasket, or would it show up in that oil in the case? I was reading my "Clymer" book and it states that the two stroke engine doesn't have any oil? Is this true?

And I'm running a 32:1 oil mixture, but the book says I should be doing a 20:1. I use--hehehe--Yamalube R2 for it. Is this okay?

If this is in the wrong forum, I apologize.

Erics350x
04-21-2006, 02:02 AM
this type of two stoke needs oil for thr transmission. engines like jetskis dont cause they dont have all those gears in them.

Somekindofjerk
04-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Where did you ride it after you changed your oil? the sand and water had to come from outside the engine!

WIkid500
04-21-2006, 05:39 PM
yeah, do you have some bad seals, or is there a vent that is allowing crud to get into the case. another good way to flush out the crud in gear cases, or 4 stroke engines is to run a bit of ATF oil in it for a Short while, the detergents in the ATF oil will clean everything out real nice. once you do that drain it, and run a good gear lube!

jason85atc250r
04-21-2006, 10:16 PM
if you get water in the engine oil 90% of the time it's the water pump seals.