PDA

View Full Version : 250R Value

Old Rider
04-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Hi All,
New guy here. Cool site you have, I didn't realize there were so many people out there still riding 3-wheelers!

So forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this, but I could use some advice on the value of a couple of 250R's.

I have a '88 Fourtrax 250R, LRD motor, lots of other goodies. In really great shape and hellfire fast :). But I don't ride it. Literally just pulled it out of a friends barn this afternoon - first time in four years :(. Shame on me. It really should belong to someone who will appreciate her. But I really don't know what to ask for it. You three wheeler types probably don't care, but I'd appreciate any suggestions...

My older brother now.. He has something you would like. An '86 ATC250R. He has had it since new. Very low hours, He's ridden even less than me.... It is BONE stock - Original everything. The damn thing is still wearing it's original tires - and they have a lot of tread on them!

Can anyone tell me what it's worth? Ballpark even? It's time for both of them to go... And before they hit the local classifieds - or maybe ebay - I need to get up to speed. It's been a long time since I followed the riding scene.

FWIW, I'm one of you guys - I would have bought a 3 wheeler instead of my quad if I could have found a good one at the time, and If I still was riding, I'd sell my quad and buy my brother's trike!

Thanks,
-Dan

mean350
04-20-2006, 08:23 PM
can you post some pics of the atc?

nouseforaname90
04-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Yup. Nobody can really give you a good value on it unless we have pictures.

TravEX
04-20-2006, 08:41 PM
:welcome: TO 3WW!!!!:w00t:

I can't wait to see the pics either! If they are both for sale, you should have no problems getting rid of em.

Good luck!

:TrikesOwn

Travis

deathman53
04-20-2006, 10:27 PM
the 88 trx is worth altleast $2000(depending on what is done to do) and the atc is worth $1400 and up.

travis712
04-20-2006, 10:50 PM
the 88 trx is worth altleast $2000(depending on what is done to do) and the atc is worth $1400 and up.

More like 3,000 and 3500;)

Check ebay. These bikes will bring in the big ones. I wish I could afford the '88 250r:cry: man i'd love to have that bike.

Old Rider
04-20-2006, 11:19 PM
Well that is good news! I need to clean the quad up a bit and take some pictures. Also have to go over it and make a list of all the extras it has on it. As for the trike, I'll have to give my brother a nudge to do the same

I'll definitely post the pictures when I can. I just spent the evening reading threads and bringing back some great memories. I owe you all for that ;)

Though, I gotta say - hearing that old copies of 3 wheeler magazine are worth $25 each on ebay just about made me sick. I think I pitched two boxes of them about a year back when I moved. :(

Oh, and we still have the old ATC 90 we learned to ride on. I don't think anyone has even tried to start it in 15 years... Semi auto tranny, balloon tires, no suspension. those were good times!

G'night all,
-Dan

Bryan Raffa
04-20-2006, 11:25 PM
verry cool dan welcome! sell the 4 wheeler buy the 3 wheeler and restore the 90 and we'll see you at trike fest!!!