PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Tecate Project

coyleatc
04-18-2006, 08:14 PM
I picked up an 85 Tecate that is 95% there that needs some TLC. It has a few decent parts including Keihin carb, DG exhaust and Works Ultracross shock. My questions are:
1.Are aftermarket fenders still available from Maier?
2.I believe these have Nikasil cylinders which I are not boreable. What do I do if I found out the cylinder is scored? I think it has a broken ring.

I have already found some odds and ends on Ebay so hopefully I will have it going sooner rather than later. Thanks.

BigGreenMachine
04-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Try and find an 83/84 KX 250 cylinder and buy a KX250 piston kit to install. That mod alone will net you some pretty big performance gains. Prefereably have the Nikisel repaired in the stock or KX cylinder but a sleeve will be just as good. I have two sleeved cylinders for my T3 and they run fine.

The carb is a good score as the original is trash since its likely to be worn out. What size?

Maier makes green and red front and rear plastics for your T3. I find the 86/87 plastic fits with some mods and looks better.

Is yours the 85 red or green version? Pics?

James

coyleatc
04-18-2006, 09:30 PM
Thanks, it's the green one. For some reason, the pics won't load. I'll get some more pics and post later.