PDA

View Full Version : 250r and TriZ rear springs

Ryah
04-17-2006, 11:15 AM
I've found the progressive front springs for both bikes, I'd like to go to a heavier front spring than the progressive, but I can't find one. Anyone know of a MX bike spring that will fit if cut down or another brand that is stiffer than the progressives? Also, any rear springs that would support 240lbs out there? I've had the rear spring revalved but I can still bottom it out. That's what I'm looking for for the 250R. For the TriZ the same but for a 200lbs rider. Any help would be appreciated.

Kintore
04-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Do you have the PVC spacers in your shocks?

That would help immensely

Ryah
04-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Yes, I've got a 4in in TriZ and small spring removed out of 250r and replaced with same size pvc spacer.

MTS
04-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Yikes....You might have to Bite it and Call up Work's or elka and have them come up with something......Probably Cost out the ass too!

Billy Golightly
04-17-2006, 02:57 PM
I got a works warrior shock off ebay for cheap (like $130) It has a heavier eibach spring on it. A banshee spring will work, too. What you need to do is find someone with an Eibach spring book unless you want to buy one yourself, and you can cross reference some part #s with different applications. There are a TON of banshee springs because of the different leverages from extended swingarms. On the front...Try eibach or Racetech. I think Racetech can get custom springs for a price.

Kintore
04-17-2006, 03:00 PM
So billy, a banshee spring will fit on a Warrior/Z shock assembly for sure?

If so, then I found my mod right there!

Billy Golightly
04-17-2006, 03:22 PM
The banshee/warrior/Z shocks are all very close to the same length. You should have plenty of preload thread on the shock cartridge for the slightly longer banshee spring. It should work OK, your not getting the full benefit without changing the valving though.

Kintore
04-17-2006, 03:27 PM
Thanks Billy, I was thinking of sending my stuff off anyways.