PDA

View Full Version : 90 runs but quits?

super90
04-16-2006, 11:18 PM
Well i picked up this 77 Honda atc 90 a week ago and ran great for a week, then just a few days ago i was spinning around in some mud and it just quit. So i got it started and again it quit. So i pushed it half way home and i got it bump started down a hill, but i had to ride home with the choke on full. Now i just put my custom fit HMF exhaust on it and it smoke white a little. Burning oil? Running too rich?
Well i took off the feul valve, and sprayed out the hole behind the diaphram, and put the diaphram and the ring back and it fired find. I rode it for a minute and it died, but would start with choke. Then i took a closer look at it, and there was a tiny hole in it? Could this be letter tiny dirt particles in clogging the jets possibly? And would a new one fix the problem? :beer

super90
04-17-2006, 02:10 PM
? :confused:

MTS
04-17-2006, 02:28 PM
a hole where? Did you take your air filtre off and clean it out along with the Carb, Thoughly, might have sucked in some mud, and plugged up your carb somewhat. make sure the altitude knob isnt pulld out either.

super90
04-17-2006, 03:06 PM
well i got it to run after cleaning everything that has to do with the carburetor and fuel. but now its blowing out a TON of white smoke. this thing was just rebuilt with a new piston, rings, gaskets. Well if this continues anyone looking for some 90 parts? im trying to save for a 250R :TrikesOwn

MTS
04-17-2006, 03:08 PM
well i got it to run after cleaning everything that has to do with the carburetor and fuel. but now its blowing out a TON of white smoke. this thing was just rebuilt with a new piston, rings, gaskets. Well if this continues anyone looking for some 90 parts? im trying to save for a 250R :TrikesOwn
Check your oil, i think you have water in it, Change it and run it. and what colour is your spark plug?

super90
04-17-2006, 03:51 PM
The water could be a possibility? I didnt check that. Sometimes it charcol black, and sometimes its oily?

travis712
04-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Drain the oil, might have to do it a couple times.

But yeah man, after you get it running ok(no white smoke) try to find out where it was getting water in it 1st. Just so you don't hafto do this hole thing again.