PDA

View Full Version : The DMV is killing me... Please help.

chipper
04-14-2006, 03:29 AM
Ok. Guys i bought a 85 250r its perfect i love it. So i thought i would pick up one more(200x) and as an extra ( so friends dont ride my R) it didnt have a title no big deal right. Well mr uncle sam dosent want to give me a title for it and thus i cant give them a couple of hundred bucks for my ORV sticker (thats how much they charged for my 250r). so the bike is grounded in washington :banned: there arent many places to ride W/out an ORV sticker.

can i buy a title?

can i buy a frame w/ title?

does anyone have one they will sell?

PLEASE?

250r'en +TCB
04-14-2006, 06:13 AM
WTF???? Thats retarded, in in I had nothing, no bill of sale, no former registration, or title!!! I just gave them the frame # and they registered me.......

Billy Golightly
04-14-2006, 09:21 AM
What was their reasoning for not assigning a title to that bike with its original VIN? Its kind a pain to do but theres not a whole lot of hoops to jump through down here in florida.

chipper
04-14-2006, 04:00 PM
They want me to try to find the origional owner to get a lost title

firehart
04-14-2006, 04:48 PM
When I got my 200x the guy I got it from had signed the title as new purchaser but never ran the title through. I went down at the first of the year to get an Off Road sticker and she told me how to run it through. She said that the guy I got it from had to write on the title how much he gave for it and pay the sales tax and run it through in his name but my address. Then when the title came to my house go over to his house and have him sign the title and give me a bill of sale so I could give the state more tax money and another title transfer fee. I just went back to the Honda dealer and got another Off road sticker from them. Who knows, maybe someday I'll geet the title put in my name.

my rides
85 200x
06 Rancher

crackshot
04-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Just make up a bill of sale and "find" the guy to get him "sign" it. :naughty:

grundlegrabber
04-14-2006, 09:05 PM
www.broadwaytitle.com
Also try international title service (do a google search for title services)
You can get a title for it, legit.

N5HNY
04-14-2006, 11:39 PM
Ask your state people about a bonded title. A lot of people don't know about this.

I have given up on a lot of cool street and dirt projects over the years because of no title bullcrap.

If the person you are talking to at the state office doen't know about it (and they won't), then ask to see a supervisor or higher till you find someone to help you with it.

It goes like this:

1. You need some kind of paper work. A bill of sale showing who or where you bought it.

2. Go to the state license office and get the nessesary paperwork to apply for the bonded title.

3. Go to a bonding agent. A lot of independent insurers can do this for you. Go over the paperwork with them and buy a bond. In Arkansas it costs about $75.

4. Turn in the paperwork to the state people and you will get back a nice new title.

This worked on a 56' Triumph chopper I aquired in trade.

The only drawback I can see is if the wheeler or bike is stolen. I don't know what would happen in this case. I imagine the machine would be seazed by law enforcement. You may want to run the numbers first.

chipper
04-15-2006, 03:15 AM
thanks for your help

ATCnut
04-16-2006, 01:16 AM
chipper

Did the washington DMV give you the name of the registered owner?

I went through hell with them getting some trikes titled, I even lost one because they said it had been stolen in 1984.

Good luck.