PDA

View Full Version : Dusted off the 250sx (1986)

SPECK
04-12-2006, 07:41 AM
I pulled her out and decided to clean it up and get ready for the riding season. Keep in mind I live in Northern MI, so yesterday was the first warm day.

I took off the throttle housing, the guard for the pipe and the gas cap. Re-painted them all a flat black that is durable. Also repainted the engine/anything visible that's black.

Took off seat/body and washed + scrubbed it ridiculously clean.

Changed oil, new air filter and filled up tires.

I rode around for 3-4 hours last yesterday and it runs great. Rides nice too.

I will get pics. up later, I am at school right now.

Anybody else pulled out their trike and cleaned it up to prepare for the season? (Mainly people in the north since anywhere else year-round is basically riding season :D )

nouseforaname90
04-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Yes I did. I lined the SX, R, Z, and my dads 2 Big Red's up in the yard, broke out the pressure washer, and cleaned them all off. It took me awhile to get them all cleaned off and armor-alled, but they don't look too bad. I didn't do a good detailing job like I did on the SX awhile back, but it would be kind of time consuming to detail 5 trikes.

edog
04-12-2006, 09:28 AM
I ride mine year round.It has already been 70 hear.You are further north than me.

SPECK
04-12-2006, 10:47 PM
What would you put armor-all on? Sounds like a good idea...

nouseforaname90
04-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Mostly everything. I armor-all whatever I can reach because it makes it look cleaner, and it helps keep dirt from getting stuck on there again. It doesn't really matter what you put it on, it works on nearly everything (except chrome and such). The plastic is one of the major things that I put it on, though. It supposidly helps plastics and such resist fading, it makes them look shinier/nicer, and it definately makes it easier to get the mud off of them after you go mudding :), so I put it on the plastics everytime I clean my bikes. But other than that, I usually only put armor-all on everything else once a year.

edog
04-12-2006, 11:10 PM
My 225 loves Armor-all.

I Armor-all mine after every ride.:lol:

Bryan Raffa
04-12-2006, 11:24 PM
I use maxima SC1 silicone detailer repells water and keeps mud from sticking Its awsome stuff you have to try it!!!!!!!!!

700srx
04-13-2006, 06:17 PM
Had the SX out a few times this winter. As long as the snow isn't too deep it can be alot of fun, as we haven't had much snow in SW Michigan this year. Three weeks ago took the SX's for a ride from a buddies house, temps in the upper 40's or so, it was a rare mostly sunny day. Saturday I'll likely go to a neighbor kids' birthday party, and pull the young'uns around in a trailer, and maybe give a few rides.

Haven't done much to clean 'em up though, just a hose down since they're not that dirty.