PDA

View Full Version : Small problem...

b182tm
04-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Hey guys. I just changed my oil, and I took off my Right crankcase cover to clean up inside there. I put it back on, and now the shifter lever is like really loose. Also, when I shift, it kinda jerks, and it is rough. It just kinda flops down (the lever) almost like there should be a spring. It does work fine though, other than that...I was thinking the lifter lever was put on wrong??? Any ideas? Also, if I go back in to look around and fix it, what do I do with the oil? Is there any way to save it?

Thanks,
Derek

MTS
04-11-2006, 11:39 PM
Grab the shift shaft/shifter on the end with a pair of vice and pull, i think you just knocked the Shift mechnism slightly out when you toot the side cover off.......

b182tm
04-12-2006, 09:52 AM
Like from inside of the crank case, or from the lever where my foot goes? Thanks for the help, I'll try it. Any other ideas? Could something have been knocked loose? I checked everything, nothing was out of place it seemed. Is it bad to ride it like this? Cuz it still works, it's just rough.

Thanks.
Derek

MTS
04-12-2006, 10:09 PM
from the lever where your foot go's, if you pull the clutch cover you should be able to see the end of the shaft in the lowerpart of the motor, it will have a spring on it, i think this could have been knocked loose or poped off.

b182tm
04-12-2006, 11:42 PM
Ok, thanks. I will do it saturday. I didnt see one though when I took it off...But we'll see. Thanks for the help.

b182tm
04-15-2006, 10:43 AM
Hey guys, good news. When I took off the right crank case, I had loosened the clutch lifter lever adjusting screw, and that messed everything up. So we adjusted that, and it runs great. In fact, just adjusting that, really changes a lot on the performance. It changes how it runs, depending on how you adjust it...But thanks for the help "My Trike Sucks". It's fixed now.