PDA

View Full Version : THUMPER 350X progress !!!!

sandpuppi101
04-07-2006, 11:44 PM
Just got the motor back the other day,started putten her back together tonite!! I am hoping to have the ATC done here in a couple of weeks or at least by Trikefest.Wishful thinking of corse! The '85 350X has really educated me in the differences of cross reference to the other 350X models.I will be posting more little blurry pics as I get her closer to being done!;)

sandpuppi101
04-08-2006, 10:06 AM
I started thinking about this last nite and thought I would fill in the gaps for the new guys on the forum and let you guys know what it is I am working on,or you guys that have'nt been keeping track,so you all would'nt be out of the loop! This ATC 350X project started out as pretty much a basket case that I got from Nick from up in Kalkaska in MI. After getting the machine I immediatly took her down to the frame and began the thought process on what I was gonna do! Well- what better place to get advice from no other than you all!! I asked alot of questions along the way on everything from paint schemes to motor work!! As this project continues I am still asking for opinions and advice,which to me has made this project one of the funnest,most educational yet unique one's I have ever done!! So basically what you see in this trike is basically all of your ideas with a couple of twist on my part!! The effect that I am trying to get out of this trike is to be orginal,yet still tasty,yet still something that will get noticed!! I have no idea if you all are gonna like the monster that is being created ,but like I said -these are mostly your ideas.And with the help of you all,I do believe this is gonna be a one of a kind trike that will make you do a double take.Not that this is a competition or anything,but with the awesome machines you all build-I have to put high standards on myself to even compare.To have a little fun with this,I am not showing full pics of the project,just some little blurry snipits.You all will get to see the whole machine when I unload it out of the trailer at Trikefest !! What sick mod's would you guys be interested in seeing on a 350X ! Remember without you all, this machine would'nt be where it is at now!!Now I already know that I will get critisism for building this to your all taste,but I have 2 other 350X's to ride so I ain't out nothing,I am building this as a fun project that alot of you had a say in!!!Feel free to give me some more ideas and I will be sending more crappy pics as this project nears finish!!!;) Thanks All!!!!!

Nick_n_ii
04-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Sounds like it all starting to come togeather.

edog
04-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Looking good.Keep the pics coming?

sandpuppi101
05-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Well here is yet another crappy pic of the project!! I am gonna be up and running here hopefully,then we have to get at my brothers 350X.We are starting to sweat a little by our Trikefest deadline.If every thing goes fairly easy from here on out we should be in business.

Somekindofjerk
05-07-2006, 09:59 PM
Just be carefull in the sun... You might go blind!

Looks great! you should get black fenders with the crome decals! Like on the gheto 350X

350xBomb
05-08-2006, 04:03 AM
This is the first Ive heard of yer project, and I must say,"Damn that is gonna be one nice X." Love the frame color. Are ya willing to give away any info bout what yer doin to the motor. Im still in the thinking stage of restoring mine (plus have to get another one to keep me occupied while this one gets stripped). Keep us posted man.

sandpuppi101
06-06-2006, 09:27 AM
Well I have good news,I got Betsy up and running ,loaded on the trailer ,and will be unloading her off the trailer at Haspin tomorrow!! It was a very tiring project,but I think she turned out pretty good! This is probably the nicest custom trike I have ever built,so I will have lots of cocktails down at Trikefest just looking at it,I don't want to ride it ,buttttt -I probably will!! I will post pic's next week when we all get back!!!

YTM200BOY
06-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Damn that engine looks x3 better then the bike when it was brand spankin new :lol:! GOOD JOB!

350xBomb
06-07-2006, 03:57 AM
Dude you are evil....tellin us about how sweet she is then not showin us....what about those who cant make it out there (Ill be at Florence though)...the suspense is too much for me to handle.....