PDA

View Full Version : 200X Front Brakes - Speedbump - Q???

atctim
04-07-2006, 03:26 PM
I am looking at replacing factory front brake caliper / Master Cylinder on a 200X with newer MX Bike components. Anybody besides speedbump play around with this stuff? Can't be too hard to find somthing that will work. Any pointers or brain storming would be excellent.

Thanks,

Tim

ATCWRENCH
04-07-2006, 03:59 PM
if anything rebuild your current caliper and install a 400EX front master cylinder. think about it, its designed to work on two calipers, not one. I put one on my 81R and it worked awesome. plenty of feel and feedback and plenty of braking force.

thefox
04-07-2006, 08:16 PM
I am going to try and use the cannondale brakes on my 200x. I chose those because last year I was able to buy two new master cylinders and 2 new calipers (w/ pads) for $80, for that price I figure I can make my own mounting brackets. The front master cylinder is a fairly universal piece, the one I bought is interchangeable with the atc one and I have seen several other models with the same one.

Dirtcrasher
04-08-2006, 09:57 AM
I bought a few of those master cyliders also. But I was afraid that the brake pads in time would become obsolete so I didn't buy the calipers