PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the plastic

tundra triker
04-06-2006, 07:31 PM
I have some stains and marks on the yellow plastic of my Yamaha 225DX. The stains are light black in color. They look like mildew stains but they're not. I've tried numerous car and tire cleaners, Comet and no luck. Any suggestions? Thanx[

HELLONWHEELS
04-06-2006, 07:44 PM
My buddy hade the same bike with the same problem and we used Mr.Clean magic erasers and it worked great...But watch out we really scrubed and it looks like it made the yellow fade a bit but thats cause he was really give it.
hope it works.

honda200
04-06-2006, 11:40 PM
i have had good luck wet sanding my plastics with a high grit paper, also makes then shine up a bit more, then i rubbed them down with pine sol lemon scent (has to be lemon scent, because it smells the best, LOL) and it works pretty good for me

I did this when i had alot of boot scuffs in my plastics

Curtis

slothminx
04-07-2006, 05:59 AM
I cleaned the rearsl on my Z yesterday. I found that paint thinners worked to take away the old oil stains excellent, but if its deeper in the surface than the paint thinners will remove . Wet sand it with some 400 until you have the colour you want, then 600 to get those scratches out, then 800, 1200 and finally 1500. After this it was still hazy so I polished the plastic with a plastic polish and they are really shiny now :)