PDA

View Full Version : Another ATC 70?????

knsmodels
04-06-2006, 08:37 AM
Was 82 the first year for the 4spd transmission??? How difficult is it to take apart the bottom end to get to the tranny?? And are the bottom ends interchangable from 82-85??? Thanks......Paul :wondering

knsmodels
04-07-2006, 09:27 AM
nobody knows????:wondering

Vealmonkey
04-07-2006, 02:44 PM
According to the manual, 82 is the first year for the 4 speed. The bottom end is a little tricky if you have never had one apart before and don't have a nice set of tools. You definitely need a flywheel puller, clutchnut socket and a nice inch-pound and foot pound torque wrenches. The click torque wrenches are best, not the needle torque wrenches. Also I would highly recommend having the honda service manual, much better than the other manuals. The honda manuals have much more specific info than a chiltons or a clymers and the honda manuals have lots of great pictures.

knsmodels
04-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the info......I have a Clymers on the way....I will have to look out for a Honda Manual.....I have a good set of tools for when I rip my car apart so I should be good there......I am considering buying an 85 bottom end that is in good shape does anyone know if they are interchangable??? Mine is an 82....Thanks

Vealmonkey
04-07-2006, 07:04 PM
The 85 and 82 shift in opposite directions. One the gears are all up and the other the gears are all down. I don't know how that would affect the compatability of the parts. 85 was the only year to shift the way it does.