PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki Klt250 3-wheeler Help

bigmike
04-06-2006, 02:01 AM
I just cant start this with out pulling it with my truck:cry:

darrel632
04-06-2006, 09:43 AM
Mike, could you be more difinitive? will the starter turn it over? do you have any compression, did this happen over a period of time, suddenly?
By the way welcome to the boards.

Darrel

bigmike
04-06-2006, 01:01 PM
I just bought it a week ago... the starter does turn it over and has a new battery... yes has compression...the only way i can get it started is to push started and that does not work all the time. has gas going to it and has fire

darrel632
04-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Okay that helps some, I have a 200 KLT that you need to feather the throttle a bit with the choke on to start, a 250 A that will only start with 1/2 choke and about 1/8th throttle My guess is your goig to have to do a carb job on it to start with, there are a few different choices for carbs on them the "normal" KEIHEN and a POS with an auto choke or something in it you need to figure out which one you have.
Once its running does it bog, or cause other issues? does it leak gas out of the over flow from the carb?

bigmike
04-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Let me backup here....when i first bought it we cleand the carb and put in a new battery....could not get it started till we pulled it with my truck...ran good for about 2 Days...Lastnight i tryed to start it got it running after i pulled it again with my truck ran for about 5 min and boged down and die...does not leak gas that i can tell...it has the nomal manual choke...

thxs for any help

darrel632
04-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Do you hear the tick tick tick noise when you turn on the key?
Down behind the battery?
is there a fuel filter on it between the pump and carb?
have you changed plugs - BR6ES is the standard I believe.
Did it run "properly" when it was going? no issues or bogging other than the last time?

bigmike
04-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Thanks again, There is no tick when I turn the key on...There is a fuel Filter....I have not changed the plug....As far as it running it did seem to run fine when I had it going... But it would turn off every now and then... Can I still buy parts for this?

Thanks again
mike

honda200
04-06-2006, 11:12 PM
hows the spark? usually when you have to bump start it like that on any machine, its a poor CDI unit or even just a poor coil

Replace the plug, check for spark, you should have a nice fat blue spark, if not, then check from your stator the ohms it is giving off, if it is within specs of the manual, then go from the stator up to your CDI, then to your coil, and check all your wires in between.

Curtis

darrel632
04-07-2006, 09:57 AM
If there is no tick from the back end of this thing you need to take the fuel hose off the carb and see if it pumps fuel out, if it doesnt you just found your problem toasted fuel pump, and thats why its hard starting as well, it would need the engine spinnig over to create enough vacuum to suck fuel.