PDA

View Full Version : advice needed

honda200
04-04-2006, 10:51 PM
Hello,

I currently, am trikeless (the 84 250R blew up really really hard on me, and i didnt wanna rebuild it) so i have this LT 250R that is meh, boring, at my work, a 1987 Warrior just like my old one, but with a crowder race cam and bored out came in on trade for a dirt bike, it needs a rear shock and take the stupid stickers off it, and some tires, I am thinking, trading the LT on the warrior straight up OR, the buddy I work with, his friend has a 1985 350X needing a cam, bore and piston but other then that, really good shape cosmeticcly that he will probaly sell cheap to me, but I am not sure what to get.

I wont be really hitting jumps, this is going to be a trail bike, where it is going to see mud, stumps, rocks, water, more mud, and the occasional blast up the road to get to another mud trail, thats it.

What bike, in your guys opinon would be better? My old warrior with mudlites and piped would go anywhere i put it, and not have any trouble, never riding a 350X through mud or anything, i cant compare it, but my 200X did pretty good through mud when it was needed.

Can someone please give me a comparrison, or if they have a 1985 350X, what cams are available (aftermarket preferably) and pipes as well?

Thanks!

Curtis