PDA

View Full Version : Help ME!! 70

IrvSLedman
04-04-2006, 10:51 AM
I see that there has been alot of problems with the 70's latly lol.. so heres another one. I bought a 70 off speedbump last week and it just wont run,me and bump had a 15 seconds meeting of the minds while we were at his place and the ideas we had seemed logical, Well.. lol Iv done all of it, switched the top ends, played with the valves, adjusted the Timing a million times... what gives?!?! she sparks like a mother, got plenty of compression, and will backfire out the carb somtimes?!?! wtf? I know one would think timing but we adjusted it alot. like enough times to get it right at least once.. lol and i dont have a clymer book on it and iv got no idea on the year. it doesnt say on the frame that i can see. but im guessing one from the early 80's.. so someone.. help?

oh yeah and i bought it from speedbump well knowing that it didnt run, so he did nothing wrong, now im just wondering if we got in over our heads. lol and ill try to post pics so some one can tell em the year?

thanks
Ryan

bigredhead
04-04-2006, 11:14 AM
pull it over a few times and pull the plug.. check to see if it's dry or wet.

report back.

farm mike
04-04-2006, 01:39 PM
try spraying carb cleaner into the air filter while pulling it over. my boys 70 eats a lot of plugs, usualy a fresh ngk solves whatever ailments it has. good luck

IrvSLedman
04-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Well it like half-arsed fires so the pluggs not wet, and i have shot both gas and either in both the carb and cylinder at different times, just wont go man. Ill try a new spark plugg. and get back to you.

jasonwcali
04-05-2006, 09:20 AM
Check on the frame right behind the headlight. I have a 77 ATC90 and that is where the I.D number on it is, If its there take that number and call any bike shop and they can call it in and get you anything you want to know about that trike, year, even the city it was made in. Then get a book for it, books are an esential item. Now for my disclamer. This is how I found out what I had, I have used thius method several times with great luck. HOWEVER I do have a book and my trike dose not run and I dont know why so dont hold all your stock in what I say he hee