PDA

View Full Version : How to tell if my regulator/rectifier is working properly?

NOUSAGI
04-04-2006, 01:18 AM
well i wrote a thread about this before but i dont feel like diggin it up...i bought a reg/rect from ebay that goes to a atc but which one im not sure it has 6 wires coming from it, colors as follows 3-yellow, red, black w/white stripe, orange w/black stripe.......the reg has no numbers on it or anyway to identify which bike it came off of......im not sure on how to wire this up to a battery from the charging off of my 200s motor........ the way i have it wired is, the red too the batt, 1 of the yellows going & coming from the charging yellow wire, and the black with white stripe to the ground on the battery......but when i connect a charging/batt checker it doesnt read that its charging so somethings wrong....:confused: ....anyone?

chirochris
04-04-2006, 10:17 AM
bike bandit has all wiring schematics...start there..

NOUSAGI
04-04-2006, 01:52 PM
doesnt show any bike with the 6 wire connector but it should work and their has to be a way to wire it and check see if its working right..........

NOUSAGI
04-04-2006, 11:34 PM
yea it does work i had it almost correct this is how she went ...yellow from motor - to- yellow reg/rect, red -to- red batt terminal, orange w/black stripe -to- gound with batt ground too frame ground....all other wire from the reg/rect i just dont need to use...then connected my chager batt tester too batt and started motor and rev then she went up too 12.8 then with my 55watts lights dropped down to 11.8 but when rev motor starts to charge at 12.8 again.....nice ok yall have the order to let this thread die ........im out