PDA

View Full Version : 86 250R Pics per request - sorry, 56k BEWARE

MyMistress86R
04-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Since I was hassled by someone we all know and love for not having pics the last time I worked on my bike and posted about it, here are some from tonight's limited wrench session.

The first three are of the bike before I even bought it, but will serve as "before" pics.

http://www.twdeezign.com/trike_pics.htm

Enjoy! :Bounce

Derrick Adams
04-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Looks very nice. I like the home made grab bar! That bike is shaping up real nice!

200xcellent
04-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Looking good todd!

seadoo650
04-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Your handlebars look a little tweaked still. Did you let Derrick ride it?:lol: :naughty: Remember Derrick I'm a kidder. It's what I do.:w00t:

MyMistress86R
04-03-2006, 08:28 PM
You know...I noticed that about the bars too. They don't feel out of line, but they kinda make your eyebrow raise...lol

Thanx for the compliments everyone. This is a long time in coming labor or love.

dickieg89
04-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Nice trike stand too, beats the crap out of the cinder block that I use while working on my trikes

MyMistress86R
04-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Nice trike stand too, beats the crap out of the cinder block that I use while working on my trikes

I was wondering if someone was going to comment about that. I built that nearly 15 years ago for the '85 200X I had back in the day. It's just high enough that it gets the whole bike off the floor at once or I can get it so the front tire is down but the rest is up. It's pretty handy, to say the least.

MyMistress86R
04-04-2006, 09:32 PM
OK, I added some pics I took tonight after finishing the main assembly. I am 95% done, with only the fabrication of a new swingarm skidplate and numberplate to go. At least I can ride it now, which I did...just a quick "make sure it all works" jaunt, seeing as how it was nearly dark at the time.

I'm not sure if it's just me or what, but HOLY FOOKIING CRAP. It was wanting to lift the front end all the way thru 3rd gear even with all my efforts to keep it down. Granted, I only weigh 140lbs., and it now has a +2 swinger but c'mon....lol. The clutch is working to perfection and the bike feels fantastic. The only things I really changed that might have made a difference was a switch to thumb throttle and 5/16" fuel line. I have my concerns that maybe the twisty wasn't actually opening the carb all the way, but who knows, I only did a visual check on the new thumb throttle setup. I'm not sure if a bigger fuel line for more flow could really make that much of a difference.

In any event...does anyone realize how hard it is to find a black ballcap in bean stuble at dusk? :w00t:

And in case you read this...SeaDoo650, I want a rematch.

max
04-05-2006, 08:59 AM
I have to say im truly happy for you bro. I know youve been waiting years to have your own. It really brings a tear to my eyes. Its just like in the movies!!! Did you do that swinger yourself? Looks like a good job. Your tank looks alot better too!!!! Cant wait to tear the Rs up at Rumble!!:beer

MyMistress86R
04-05-2006, 09:02 AM
Thanx Max. I appreciate the sentiment...lol.

The swinger was done by the same guy that does all the work for D & B. I just laid the paint and such. ALL the plastics are looking better than before.

85ytz250n
04-09-2006, 10:27 AM
What kind of tires are on the back? I like the trike, like the work you are putting into it.

MyMistress86R
04-10-2006, 08:00 AM
What kind of tires are on the back? I like the trike, like the work you are putting into it.

The tires are on loan from 3leg and I believe they are stock Honda Dunlop H-Traks. I tell you what though, they did a FANTASTIC job in all the crap at the Rumble on the Ridge this weekend.

200xcellent
04-10-2006, 11:16 AM
The tires are dunlop kt335, also stock raptor tires. They do hook up pretty good, but the side walls are weak and make cornering a bit tippier.

MyMistress86R
04-10-2006, 11:20 AM
The tires are dunlop kt335, also stock raptor tires. They do hook up pretty good, but the side walls are weak and make cornering a bit tippier.

Thanx for the assist there, Charlie. They might be weak for your Raptor, but they work like sliced bread on my little 2-pinger...lol.