PDA

View Full Version : ATC 70.....Timing???

knsmodels
04-03-2006, 07:04 PM
Is there an easy way to adjust the timing on a 70?? the instructions I have say line up the f on the flywheel with the timing mark and this should be the when the points just start to open. How do you adjust the points with the flywheel on?? are you supposed to reach a screwdriver into the slot in the flywheel?? I dont see how this can be done and accurately adjust anything....I only have a couple of pages from the book so maybe I am missing something.....Thanks for any help......Paul :confused:

blue27
04-03-2006, 08:11 PM
You got it, you reach into the slot with a screwdriver and loosen the points then move them by pryng on the points mount with the screwdriver, it is a pain but you will get better with pratice lol

jasonwcali
04-05-2006, 09:26 AM
My goodness, I reasd that thinking what the heck is he talking about, I never had a 70 but figured they were just like the 90 just a little smaller, and my 90 has an over head cam, Very easy to adjust the points. Thats interesting

dufrain
04-05-2006, 10:43 PM
The points are under the flywheel on the 70 and you get to set them through a slot Jason.They are way easier on the 90/110
Once you see the 2 notches in there where you can stick a flat screwdriver and twist it either way to adjust the gap its not too hard.You have to remove the ring the starter catches on to get in the slot.You can only use the right mark to set the timing or the slot doesnt line up with the points so you can even see them.