PDA

View Full Version : need help on starting honda 200e

bobbyg
04-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Hey, I just picked up my "new" 1983 200e and couldn't get her started. I drained the old gas, put in fresh, changed the spark plug and could get it pull started (I'm charging the battery as I write this). At least some of the electrical sysem must be OK since the headlight flashes when I pull the cord. My brother in law who's a mechanic told me to clean the carb by taking off the float bowl and cleaning the jets but as I was doing that I noticed that a hose from the bottom of the float bowl isn't connected to anything and a larger hose that looks like it is coming from the engine also isn't connected (Both were open-ended near the chain). Any thoughts? I'm not really a mechanic but I'm trying to figure a few things out. Thanks in advance!!!

traxxasx
04-03-2006, 06:26 PM
im sure those open ended hoses that end by the chain are your overflow houses, if there disconected to the bottom of the carb reconect it. also YES!! take you carb apart and clean the whole thing and the jets to....after that put it back on. Now you should prime the engine pull the cord till you fill compression to where the exhaust port is closed, take your plug out pour in a bottel filled cap amount of gas, replace the plug and give her a few tugs. if she dont start then i would look if you have other problems. while you have the plug out see if you have spark.

bobbyg
04-03-2006, 06:41 PM
Ok, that one from the carb must be the overflow hose. I tried to get the float bowl off...took the two from screws off to loosen it but noticed that there must be one more on the back side that I can't figure how to get off. I'd like to clean that out but can't figure how to get it completely offf. I took the tank off but can't seem to get at the rear screw???? Any thoughts. Thanks!!!

Yamahauler
04-03-2006, 07:03 PM
That bigger hose you were talking about thats hooked to the engine, iit could be the crank breather. It should hook up to the engine and the airbox.

Take the carb right off the trike to clean it. Take the floats out and all the jets, spray the whole carb body and inside the jets with carb cleaner. Dont get any carb cleaner on the float. It will eat the plastic.

traxxasx
04-03-2006, 08:25 PM
take the whole carb off from the boot...dont try to take off the bottom half of it while its still on *Edited**Edited* trike, take it all the way off.