PDA

View Full Version : Welcoming the SX to the Hondaline Family, Got The Speedo Installed!! Pics!!

Maine_Triker
04-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Well, the weather is awesome today... so figgured I'd install the speedo on the SX, using a 200x gearbox (200x front end), a motorcycle cable, and the speedo that Swinehart "redid" for me.

While I was fooling around in the garage I went ahead and put some decals on the freshly painted tank... looks good.

Enjoy:

Murph
04-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Thats a nice lookin bike. Could you tell me, are those mud lites on the back, and what size are they?

pinkerchook
04-01-2006, 05:10 PM
Sweet trike. I like the decals. :w00t:

Maine_Triker
04-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Thats a nice lookin bike. Could you tell me, are those mud lites on the back, and what size are they?
22" Dirt Devils actually... on 10" rims.

Trust me, the trike looks a lot worse in person LOL! That's why it's the "Daily Driver"

Phil

Huffa
04-01-2006, 07:47 PM
You still have snow up there? :wondering

Set up looks good. Does the speedo light up at night then or are the wires just for a neutral indicator??

patblkwell
04-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Looks real good man!

Maine_Triker
04-01-2006, 07:59 PM
You still have snow up there? :wondering

Set up looks good. Does the speedo light up at night then or are the wires just for a neutral indicator??
Yup... still got snow... lol

I didn't bother to try and hook up the light... save that for another day, but it is the kind that lights up at night, looks real cool too.

84250r
04-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Looks great. We still have some snow up here,so your not alone! Haha...

Huffa
04-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Getting nice and green down my way .............AHHHHHH :beer

Huffa
04-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Ya know, I don't like the way the speedo's look mounted on the side like that.

I'll bet if you give it some thought you could make up a nice bracket that attaches to the top of the handlebar clamps so you could have it mounted dead center. Only thing is the cables might need rerouting a bit or maybe that's not even possible?

The dash might interfer too but just thought I'd bring it up as I know your capable I'll bet of figuring it out.

My idea maybe make you give it a whirl or satisfied how it is?

We will call it the MT speedo center mount kit! :naughty: :w00t:

Heck, for how cheap you can get top trip clamps (I have an xtra) you possibly could drill two holes and tap threads into them for a custom mounting plate made out of aluminum?

chris200x
04-01-2006, 09:02 PM
Getting nice and green down my way .............AHHHHHH :beer

HOley SMokes... Who are you? :lol:

Lookin good there Phil. How do you like those dirt devils on the back of your trike?

Maine_Triker
04-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Ya know, I don't like the way the speedo's look mounted on the side like that.

I'll bet if you give it some thought you could make up a nice bracket that attaches to the top of the handlebar clamps so you could have it mounted dead center. Only thing is the cables might need rerouting a bit or maybe that's not even possible?

The dash might interfer too but just thought I'd bring it up as I know your capable I'll bet of figuring it out.

My idea maybe make you give it a whirl or satisfied how it is?

We will call it the MT speedo center mount kit! :naughty: :w00t:

Heck, for how cheap you can get top trip clamps (I have an xtra) you possibly could drill two holes and tap threads into them for a custom mounting plate made out of aluminum?
Nah... I like it off to the side... makes it look old school.

Now, if you had a speedo and a tach, it would look better w/both of them mounted in the center as opposed to having just a speedo mounted in the center... just my oppinion.

Chris I actually like the dirt devils a lot, I find they handle pretty good in the mud and they give a suprisingly nice ride. They really throw mud and snow a long way too... haha