PDA

View Full Version : a few 84 250r questions.

dizasterzrfun69
04-01-2006, 03:46 AM
Well i just got a project and i'm anxious to get it done so i want to order some parts ASAP. it is bored out like .40 or .60 over but needs bored out again because the piston seized up in it. It appears to have some port work done to it, it has a dg head and it also has an answer silencer. i might get a 300 kit for it eventually but i'm not sure.

What carb would be best? stock 84 r carb or is there somnething bigger/ better?

What are some good reeds to get for it?

wheres the cheapest and best place to get a piston and rings for it? what brand of piston? I was planning on wiseco.

whats the best tires for an r? I ride in dirt, grass, mud, and probablly the mx's at TF06.

anyone who has a carb, a bolt on and go top end, a complete cheap running engine, 300r kit, hoosier style tires, or any other parts can PM me and i might be willing to buy. I need to get this beast done for TF06.

Kevin

Derrick Adams
04-01-2006, 08:35 AM
It's been my experience that these air-cooled top-ends are prone to seizing. Make sure after you get it back together to run your first tank of fuel at 20/1 and take it easy on it for the first hour or so.
The other thing I've found out about air cooled R's is that you might as well figure on resleeving your cylinder. IF you can find another one, it's almost garunteed it will be, or need to be bored to the max already.
Don't drag your feet and miss TrikeFest. Send your cylinder right to Wiseco, in Ohio. They will put a new sleeve in it for around $125. Then they will fit the piston kit correctly to the sleeve. When you get it back you'll know it's tip-top. Looking at around $350 for everything.

dizasterzrfun69
04-01-2006, 02:17 PM
It's been my experience that these air-cooled top-ends are prone to seizing. Make sure after you get it back together to run your first tank of fuel at 20/1 and take it easy on it for the first hour or so.
The other thing I've found out about air cooled R's is that you might as well figure on resleeving your cylinder. IF you can find another one, it's almost garunteed it will be, or need to be bored to the max already.
Don't drag your feet and miss TrikeFest. Send your cylinder right to Wiseco, in Ohio. They will put a new sleeve in it for around $125. Then they will fit the piston kit correctly to the sleeve. When you get it back you'll know it's tip-top. Looking at around $350 for everything.

i do have another parts engine. I have the jug, head, and most of the bottom end. the other jug i have had rust in it (someone left the sparkplug out and it was outside) so it will need a bore also. I tried to hone it but it's too bad.

cartmanchubs
04-06-2006, 05:37 AM
I've got a bassani pipe thats pretty descent......just let me know......