PDA

View Full Version : Revamped 225DX

Derrick Adams
03-31-2006, 11:11 PM
I got this bike off of Moshman last summer. It's been sitting in the garage ever since. I finally got around to working on it this last week. The old girl needed some serious TLC.
I ended up adding new swingarm bearings, axle bearings, axle, pull start assembly, lower fender spats, kill switch, and all new brakes, cables, & levers front and rear.
I also added a set of Banshee hubs, spacers and wheels to the back of the bike. For summer riding I installed a 350X front wheel in the front. Those fat wheels are great for the snow, but pack instantly in the mud. I wanted to add the wheel spacers to add some stability for my wife, since she's the main rider of the bike.
She's in desperate need of a bath, but here's what it looks like.

The last picture is what it looked like last week!:beer

edog
03-31-2006, 11:18 PM
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like it alot.

Yamahauler
03-31-2006, 11:23 PM
Sweet! That thing looks great!

jsimonh
04-01-2006, 12:13 AM
Looks nice!

Yamahauler
04-01-2006, 03:59 AM
How wide are those wheel spacers?
Looks quite a bit wider than stock, you can see where the rust ends on the axle is where the old tires used to cover.

dirtface
04-01-2006, 08:23 AM
That thing sets awesome! Now go give your wife a bath.:w00t:

SpeedBump
04-01-2006, 12:26 PM
That thing sets awesome! Now go give your wife a bath.:w00t:

That is one of the funniest things I have heard in a while! LOL!!!

BTW, Derrick , looks good. Tell the wife to run hard at obstacles....not much ground clearance there!

traxxasx
04-01-2006, 06:47 PM
nice thats exactly what i wanted to do with mine but dident know if it would work. it look hella bad, check my in my sig and *Edited* can see i started off to that start, what r those 20's?? thats what i want for the back of mine.