PDA

View Full Version : 250R carrier bearings

MyMistress86R
03-31-2006, 10:26 PM
Ok...I managed to get thru my clutch problem on my own, but now I'm getting my ass kicked by a couple little bearings.

I welcome any tips/tricks/suggestions that might help me get these darn things out so I can get the new ones in and get this thing back on it's wheels. I think it's begining to suffer from withdrawal.

3leggeddog
03-31-2006, 10:36 PM
are we talking the front pivot bearings?

take the swinger to glenn's and have him press them out.the best 20 bux you'll spend!!!

3leggeddog
03-31-2006, 10:39 PM
now if your talking the axle carrier bearings.those should come out farily easy with tha 3/8 drive extension,or screw driver.if not take a dremel,and cut the inner,and outer race of the bearing.then pry it apart/beat it till it seperates.also some pb blaster,and little heat won't hurt.be sure to take the orings off before you heat it!!

MyMistress86R
03-31-2006, 10:40 PM
LOL...Oh Brandon. Want to take another shot after actually READING the post?

Just kidding bud :beer . I guess I should have said AXLE bearings to reduce confusion.

MyMistress86R
03-31-2006, 10:42 PM
dammit...lol

you got your second post up before mine...

MyMistress86R
03-31-2006, 10:44 PM
I tried all of the pry/beat methods I could think of so far. I was thinking my next step would be to cut the races, although the pb blaster idea has some merit.

The o rings are safely off and stored out of the way, so if I do need to apply some heat, all is well.

Thanx B...good ideas to try.

MyMistress86R
04-01-2006, 06:30 PM
Finally got the best of 'em. Thanx Brandon, a couple of your tips + a few ideas of my own GOT-R-DONE.

200x Basket
04-02-2006, 07:40 AM
LOL, you should have mailed me the carrier. i would have installed the new bearings in my press. i have a set up that it takes me about 10 minutes to swap a set of bearings!!!!!!

MyMistress86R
04-02-2006, 10:16 AM
LOL, you should have mailed me the carrier. i would have installed the new bearings in my press. i have a set up that it takes me about 10 minutes to swap a set of bearings!!!!!!

NOW you offer that up...lol. Thank you, but we're all good now. The new bearings and seals are in and the carrier is ready to get mounted into the swinger. With any luck, the paint on the swinger is dry enough to start the rear end re-assembly today. I figure with about 3 or 4 hours of work, I should be back on all 3 and fully operational, with only minor cosmetic touches to finish up.